Hospitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDirectoryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Glitter and Ribbons [open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Feliciano Vargas
☆Administrator
Feliciano Vargas

Glitter and Ribbons [open] Empty
PostSubject: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:57 pm

[[Takes place in the lounge~]]

The holiday season was so nice. Everyone was usually in such a nice mood, and there were so many fun things to do! At least, that stood true when outside hospital walls. Of course, hospitals celebrated Christmas too, but it wasn't the same cheerful feeling. He never thought about it before really, but people here were still sick, still sad, and still in pain in this time of year. Including himself. It didn't seem fair. Still, the hospital put up cute decorations and tried to make the best of it, so for simple minded Feliciano, it was enough to distract him from the still painful atmosphere of the place. Sure it wasn't like at home, but it was better than normal around here.

He was thankful for the fact that as of late he was given more time out of his bed. Not that Feliciano had many other options of where to go, especially since the air outside was a bit more chilly and he didn't have any of his jackets from home. He settled with the next most fun sounding place, the lounge full of other patients. Some people here were actually around his age. Before this visit, he had thought most people in hospitals were old people. Much to his happiness, even the lounge had been decorated for the season. Garland, some cute lights, and of course, a nice tree in the corner of the room. It brought a smile to his face.

Even though he had been here so many times before, the small changes really caught his attention, making him want to explore the little room. Something grabbed his attention; it was a small table located near that tree. On the table were piles of pretty colored paper, crayons, ribbons, pencils, glitter, and other assorted craft supplies. Something that would have probably caught the attention of someone much younger before someone his age, but Feliciano was still a child at heart.

So it seemed, judging by the other handmade ornaments on the tree, that patients were to create their own ornaments. With a grin, Feliciano made his way over to the small table, taking a free sit and grabbing a piece of paper. He had to do this, it was a great way to make himself happy and pass the time here. Picking up a nearby colored pencil, he tapped it on the table, trying to think of what he wanted his to look like. So many options for such a small piece of paper.
Back to top Go down
https://hospitalia.rpg-board.net
Ivan Braginski

Ivan Braginski

Location : A-A hospital? I don't remember the name... A-Axis? Maybe? Hm...

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Ivan was wondering again. He wasn't really supposed to be walking around, as his doctor - Honda, was it? - told him... But when had Ivan ever listened to others? He pulled his cursed IV drip along with him and leant heavily on his crutch for support...

He saw a door leading to a place called a 'Lounge'... Ivan's english wasn't too good, so he couldn't identify what it was. So the only way to find out what was inside was to open the door, and go in.

So that's what Ivan did.

He strolled in (Well, more like hobbled) and took a look around. There were marvelous decorations in here, and Ivan couldn't get over it... It was so pretty! Unlike what he was used to... Cold, dank, plain. But this... This was for that holiday - Even Ivan couldn't avoid finding out about it, it was so popular - called 'Christmas'. Ivan was curious to know about it, and this looked like a good place to start. He wondered up to a tree with bits of paper hanging from it and a boy with reddish-brown hair holding a plain sheet of paper...

What on earth was he doing? Ivan stared at the boy for a while and watched as he hesitantly held up a colour pencil. Ivan looked back at the tree and put two and two together. That looked like fun, Ivan wanted to join! He grabbed his own paper and a lightl blue pencil, paused, and put the pencil back down again. What was he to draw?

That was a difficult decision... Ivan pondered over it for a little while before grabbing a yellow pencil and getting to work. He drew a sunflower, with pretty, bright petals, then folded the paper as directed. He looked at it, then looked at the tree. Then back, and back to the tree.

Some how, he was proud of his work, and wanted to keep it, not put it on the tree. Ivan bit his lip before haning the paper... thing to his IV drip, so it rested on top of his bag of mystery liquid.

Much better~
Back to top Go down
Feliciano Vargas
☆Administrator
Feliciano Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Feliciano's attention shifted from the paper and pencil in front of him, to the new visitor at the table. Since it wasn't the largest table, it wasn't that hard to notice someone else there. About to say hello or something of the sort as a greeting to the other person, but when he actually looked at the other male in front of him, he thought better of it. The blonde in front of him was much larger than Feliciano himself, and was a bit intimidating. The big IV next to him really didn't help the image. He wasn't a fan of those things.

Beginning to actually draw, he kept glancing at the bigger male, because he wanted to see what he was drawing. A sunflower? That wasn't very appropriate for the Christmas season. In fact, it reminded him more of summer than winter. Feliciano watched as the blonde put his finished ornament not on the nearby tree, but on the top of his IV. That was a strange place for an ornament.

"Ve...that is supposed to go on the tree. That is not a tree!" he finally spoke up and said something hesitantly to the other male. Maybe he was in the hospital for not being able to see trees or something of the sort.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski

Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Ivan was content with his little decoration, and stared happily out of the window, which looked quite pretty with soft flecks of snow descending from the sky. It was much better than in Russia, where flakes the size of his fist would whip up in blizzards.

An annoying voice penetrated his happy little bubble.

"Ve... that is supposed to go on the tree. That is not a tree!" Ivan looked around to the small red-head sitting close to him, scowling. He stared hard. Did this boy think he was an idiot? Of course it wasn't a tree!

"...I know that," Ivan responded, shortly. "Is there a rule where every, um..." What were these things called, again? "uh... pretty thing is supposed to go on the tree?" He loomed over the small man, using his height to get his point across better.

His gaze flicked down to the little man's clothes and noticed that he was not wearing a staff uniform. Did that mean he was a patient here? He didn't have any casts on or a stupid IV drip connecting to any part of his body, but still...
Back to top Go down
Feliciano Vargas
☆Administrator
Feliciano Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 4:47 am

The other boy didn't seem to happy with him. Uh oh. Though he had noticed it before, the other male's rather large and intimidating presence was registering more and more in Feliciano's mind. He looked at him, quite obviously a bit frightened, but then again he was a horrible baby, and gave the blonde a small but frantic nod. "It goes on the tree!" he said all too quickly, motioning to the tree nearby.

...why was he staring at him like that now? Feliciano was a bit confused once more, but there wasn't much he could do at the moment other than smile nervously out of instinct and continue to point to the tree. "It...it goes on the tree, not your thing there!" He wasn't quite sure what that was called exactly, but he knew it was no tree. Maybe the other boy had a hearing problem or something and he just had to repeat himself kindly.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski

Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:06 am

Ivan growled. Did this boy think he was deaf or something? Or maybe the boy was just an idiot one. Ivan wasn't one for idiots.

"I can put it wherever I damn well like," He snarled, grabbing the red pencil to grind in his fist until it snapped in half, and Ivan dropped it. Pausing, he looked down with it and took a deep breath, trying to control his anger and not to get too frustrated at this kid. Ivan put on a smile. "Ok then, if it's supposed to go on the tree and not on my IV, then why don't you put it there?" He asked, a dangerous smile on his face.

He reached out a hand to the boy's picture, "That is, if you don't mind me..." He was going to say 'if you don't mind me doing things to yours too' and perhaps crumple his up but... It looked so hard and worked on, just like Ivan had worked hard on his, so he couldn't quite bring himself to do it. "Um... If you don't mind me..." Now how was he supposed to finish that sentence? "If you don't mind me... putting yours in the bin..." Wow, that sounded kind of lame. Ivan was disapointed in himself...

And now he felt bad. Damnit!
Back to top Go down
Feliciano Vargas
☆Administrator
Feliciano Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:03 am

Staring at the bigger male, he watched with slight horror as he easily snapped the colored pencil in half without any struggle. As misbehaving and strange at Feliciano himself could be at times, he knew that was completely not appropriate for the situation, and that it was downright scary. Letting out a light whimper, he shook his head no frantically in response to the frightening suggestion. No, he was not going to do that for him. Feliciano was not going to go near him! If he could snap that poor pencil like that, who knew what damage he could do to a person.

Apparently not going near the sandy blonde was working opposite now as he saw an outstretched arm coming towards him. In reality, it was going for his paper, but he still panicked further. Feliciano put his hands over his head protectively, clearly shaking. His mind was hardly processing what the other male was saying. "I-I am sorry you can put it where ever you want I will just pretend that I didn't see it! I'm sorry!!" He was talking all too fast at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski

Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:55 am

"I'm sorry!" Well. That was much better. Ivan left the paper alone, a little relieved inwardly for some bizzare reason... He didn't really want to destroy the pretty picture that the boy had created. So Ivan just huffed and turned to face the window again.

"Good. Now shut up." Damn, his head really hurt. Ivan rubbed his temples and screwed his eyes shut before squinting at the boy. "I think your voice is giving me a headache..." The world was spinning... Or was it Ivan who was spinning? Black spots clouded his vision. Ivan whined in frustration. He was pretty sure that this wasn't the first time this had happened.

Then everything went black. Ivan barely registered his head colliding with the back of the seat, panting heavily and not moving for a few moments. Something wasn't right... He scrubbed at his vision. Where was he again? Or... hm... When did he get to the lounge? Or decide to sit down?

Ivan took in his surroundings. He spotted a boy (Or man? Midget, maybe...) sitting next to him and held up a hand in greeting. "Hello, I'm Ivan. And you? And, uh... What are you doing? Wait, what day is it?" Ivan felt rather confuddled. He didn't know what to do really, so he picked up a small blue ribbon and started fiddling with it.
Back to top Go down
Feliciano Vargas
☆Administrator
Feliciano Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Why did everyone always tell him that his voice gave them a headache? His voice was fine, and it wasn't like he could do anything about how it sounded anyways. Peeking at the other boy, he noticed that he seemed more kept to himself again, and was no longer making grabs for Feliciano himself or anything around him. Feliciano just kept nodding yes in agreement, watching as the bigger one of the two seemed to get oddly quiet. And was that a bit of sleepiness?

The blonde's had flopped back in the chair. It then hit Feliciano that the two were in a hospital, and the other was clearly a patient. Taking his hands away from his head, not sensing any immediate danger, he stared. Had the bigger boy just died in front of him?! Cue some panic.

Then as fast as the boy flopped over and died, he came back to life again, much to Feliciano's surprise and relief. Sure he was scary, but he didn't want him dead. As he spoke once more, the brunette only became more confused. This didn't sound like the same guy! Ivan was his name? "I am Feliciano!" He was still a little weary from before, but let his guard down. "I am sitting in a chair like you! And it is uhh..." What day was it? It was hard to keep track in this place. "Ve, I forget but it is sometime in December!"
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski

Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Oh, ok. "Hello, Feliciano," Ivan smiled and added, in case he hadn't mentioned it before, "My name's Ivan Braginski. Nice to meet you." As for what day it exactly was, Ivan would just have to check the calendar. The boy, Feliciano, seemed to be a bright and perky kind of kid. Ivan liked those kinds, they were less annoying. Ivan put a hand on Feliciano's head and ruffled his hair, hoping that the action would be considered affectionate. After all, Feliciano looked like he'd wet himself if Ivan did something too drastic. In fact, maybe he should ask, in case it was a medical condition.

"Are you a patient here? Why are you a patient? What's your condition? Do you wet the bed?" Ivan was curious and wanted to know! He put on a bright and cheerful smile to make sure the kid was comfortable... Though the last few times Ivan had smiled at someone, the person would always act unhappy in some way and he wasn't sure why... Ivan removed his hand from Feliciano's head as well for good measure. Perhaps Feliciano won't appreciate someone touching him...
Back to top Go down
Feliciano Vargas
☆Administrator
Feliciano Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 2:51 pm

Feliciano still looked rather nervous as Ivan spoke. His mind was very confused still at the sudden change in Ivan's personality. The fact that maybe he was imagining it crossed his mind, as he often got upset when people even raised their voice in a disapproving tone. Really though, that didn't seem to be the case at the moment. It was so strange.

"Huh? Oh!" He was snapped out of his thoughts by talking. "No, I never wet the bed before, that was my brother who did that all the time." Feliciano might not have been the brightest crayon in the box but he was pretty sure people weren't hospitalized for bed wetting, or Lovino would have been in the hospital for a while. Maybe he shouldn't have told Ivan that, especially since his brother worked here. Oh well, too late to worry about that!

Nodding lightly, he said "Yes, I am a patient here too. I they don't know what is wrong with me right now though." He hated saying that, but it was the truth. Feliciano put a hand to his chest. "It always hurts right here and other bad things! I want to go home soon. Does Ivan want to go home soon too?" He tilted his head lightly to the side, cautiously awaiting an answer.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski

Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:18 pm

Ok, so Ivan could terrorise the kid and not have to worry about a puddle... Unless this brother of his came into the room. Ivan wondered how seriously the kid was ill or hurt, because they didn't know what he had...

Ivan blinked at theat question. Wouldn't he like to return home?

"I... Hm." He faultered and put a finger to his chin. "That is a tough one. After all, I never really secured myself a home." He paused, to consider his next words, trying to find suitable ones. "I hop around, but don't stay in one place for long and look for my big sister. And apparently, she works at this hospital. I am not in a rush to leave. Oh, have you seen her?" He concluded, adding a little question at the end. He was a little surprised at himself, too. It wasn't exactly a topic he'd thought about, because it hadn't been his main concern. Houses were a secondary concern.

"Where are you from? I can't identify your accent. Is is Spanish?" He wasn't entirely sure. "Oh, and have you told me your name? I don't think you have. And just so you know, my name is Ivan Braginski." He held out a hand for the little one to shake.
Back to top Go down
Feliciano Vargas
☆Administrator
Feliciano Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:30 am

For a moment, he stared at Ivan. A big sister? It gave him the mental image of a woman larger than Ivan himself, and he was gigantic in comparison to Feliciano himself. He loved the ladies but one that big was a bit frightening to imagine. That was one person he maybe didn't wish to meet. For certain, he knew that he didn't see anyone that big around here. Of course, his brain was just being silly, she was a smaller big sister.

"I don't think I have seen her..." he said slowly, trying to think of anyone similar looking to Ivan himself that he may have seen wandering the halls. "That is very sad to not have a house, I hope that Ivan finds a house soon!" He offered the blonde a small hopeful smile.

At the last part, Feliciano couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. "I told you my name already, remember? I am Feliciano Vargas!" He found it a little funny that Ivan thought he was Spanish, since Vargas actually was normally identified with countries of Spanish origin. "Ahh no! I am not. I am Italian! I have lived here for a while now though." Blinking at the other boy a few times, he added "Ivan talks different than other people here too, and different from me. Where are you from?" He really couldn't place it.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski

Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:18 pm

What a fascinating person. He supposed. Ivan started twisting a ribbon around his hand absentmindedly, watching boy who was apparently Italian. "Me? Oh, I'm From Russia..." He stated, matter-of-factly. He smiled slightly, though he wasn't proud of his heritage... The cold climate caused him to dispise it...

Ivan felt his hand throb in pain and looked down. He'd managed to get it tangled in the ribbon, and his blood supply was being cut off. He looked around, trying to find something that'd help get it off. He saw scissors, but they were only the crap safety ones made out of cheap plastic and won't cut paper no matter how hard you tried. That was probably because this was a hospital and they had enough injuries as it was.

He tried tugging at it, but with his left hand it was hard. He was very much right handed. How did this even happen?! Ivan looked hopelessly at his new friend, Feliciano, silently pleading for help.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 3:23 pm

Kiku walked in to Ivan's room for a quick check up, make sure his leg was healing nicely and check his head injury, “Konnichiwa, Braginski-sa- KUSO!” He swore quite loudly (luckily in Japanese) at the sight of the empty bed. He had told Ivan over and over again that he was not to leave his room… he had left his crutches, too. Well, without them, he couldn't have gone far… he would just have to look for him. Kiku was seriously considering the possibility of strapping Ivan to his bed as he set off down the corridor. 

Hospitals were just as depressing around Christmas, he thought. The pitiful attempts at decoration made some sort of weak apology to the fact that they were stuck there over Christmas. Still… it did make the ward look a little nicer, he thought as his annoyance at Ivan melted away, and the patients were happier, well a little. Some were downright depressed that they wouldn't see their family at Christmas. Amd who could blame them? Somehow a plastic plate of turkey and roast potatoes didn't make an adequate substitute for Christmas with the family.

He was not going home for Christmas. Sometimes he envied people like Roderich; the specialists only worked normal hours, they could spend Christmas with those they loved. Not to mention having the means to travel to another country at peak time…

Ah, finally! He walked past the patient lounge amd saw Ivan talking to another patient from the adult ward. Ludwig's patient… what was his name? Feliciano! That was it… Lovino's brother and Romulus's grandson. He went in to the room and frowned his most dissaproving frown at Ivan, hands on hips… then paused to let him finish speaking to Feliciano. “Braginski-San, I thought I told you to stay off of your bad leg,” He waggled his finger in reprimand.

Kiku looked around and down at what they were doing. Crafts, obviously meant for the children, but then Ivan had never been particularily mature, so why not let him have a little fun. “If you won't go to your room you must at least keep your leg up,” He pulled up a spare chair for Ivan to put his leg up on, “And use your crutches when you walk,” He frowned.  
Back to top Go down
http://lapaleuk1.livejournal.com
Feliciano Vargas
☆Administrator
Feliciano Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Russia? That was so far from where he used to live, and lived now. It was interesting for Feliciano. He didn't recall ever meeting anyone from the country before, so of course he was going to comment on the things he heard. He was really ready to ask if it was really that cold and snowy all the time, or if people used vodka as water. Really, he always wondered if those were true. Not really that observant, the Italian didn't notice Ivan's ribbon problem on his finger. This was probably to Ivan's disappointment.

Next came Feliciano's disappointment. Any amazing questions that he had about Russia were shoved out of his brain when a small, dark haired doctor approached. Maybe he didn't notice Feliciano, because his focus seemed to be on Ivan instead. He watched the two curiously. The doctor was so much smaller than the large Russian, so it brought a silly smile to his face to see him trying to move Ivan's body parts around.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski

Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Ivan was in a state of extreme upset... ness. Argh! He couldn't think in English at the moment! Ivan's hand was all tangled up in the ribbon, and his feet were being dragged around by his stupid damn doctor.

"Please, let me alone, I'm just fiiiine!" He whined. Ok, yes, Ivan should be more careful and yes, his head hurt and yes, his ribs felt like a thousand needles piercing his chest... Ok, not that extreme. But still! Ivan couldn't understand why his doctor couldn't give it a rest! Ivan whined and pulled on his tied up hand.

This was unfair, extremely unfair. He was in a hospital for an incident he couldn't even remember for crying out loud! Ivan let out a distressed noise, waggling his unbroken leg to emphasise his discomfort. He stopped when he realised it was being inefective and decided to instead go quiet and pout. Or perhaps seek revenge on someone. Yes, seeking revenge on someone sounded good... Like Feliciano, sitting next to him. Ivan reached out and gave the boy's knee a small punch, hoping to grab his attention.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:42 am

He sighed and stepped back from his whining patient. “I'm done, Braginski-san.” He said softly, then noticed the ribbon around Ivan's hand. How on earth had he managed to do that? “How did you get that ribbon around your hand? Come on I'll -- Braginski-San!” He exclaimed as the man hit his companion on the leg, “Don't hit patients!” He scaulded, feeling rather like a parent, which was strange considering Ivan was older than he was. What if Ivan had really hurt the other boy? Kiku didn't know what was wrong with him, it could mean serious consequences!

“Are you alright, sir?” He asked the boy concernedly. 
Back to top Go down
http://lapaleuk1.livejournal.com
Feliciano Vargas
☆Administrator
Feliciano Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 6:23 pm

He had to admit it was good to see firsthand that other patients around here got nagged at just as much as he did. It was much different than the reassurance from nurses and other staff that sounded like they really didn't care. Feliciano did feel a bit bad for Ivan though because he also knew that having a doctor down your throat about every little movement you make was no fun whatsoever. It was odd for him to be quiet, but he really did love people watching.

That was, until there was a sudden small pain in his leg around the knee that gave him quite the fright. Feliciano jumped with a small shriek, hands automatically going to the area where he was touched by another person. The startle took a moment to recover from, looking between the other two males for a moment before giving a shaky smile to the Asian doctor. "S-si...I am fine! Just something got my leg!"
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginski

Ivan Braginski

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 2:05 pm

Ivan ground his teeth in frustration. "You. Boy. Whatever your name is. I don't care if your knee is hurting you, I need you to help me!" (Not that Ivan wanted to admit that. He had at least some pride.) He wheedle and whined and he tugged on the ribbon, hoping to rip it apart, but only succeeded in making the knot tighter. "This isn't very happy and in the spirit of things..." He grumbled.

When Ivan got angry, he tended to get destructive so that he could let out some of his anger. He swung his tied up hands and knocked over a small pot of glitter onto the table, grinning. Much better~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glitter and Ribbons [open]   Glitter and Ribbons [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Glitter and Ribbons [open]
Page 1 of 1