Hospitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDirectoryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First day- where am I...? [open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Former America 2

Former America 2

First day- where am I...? [open] Empty
PostSubject: First day- where am I...? [open]   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 4:35 am

Alfred woke up in a white room, sunlight filtering in through the windows, and looked at his bandaged left hand, although it was blurred. Instinctively, his hand reached up towards his face, only to find his glasses gone. He fuzzily looked around, and saw its silhouette on the bedside table. He made a grab for it, and perched them atop his ears and nose.

Once everything came in view, he tried to gather his thoughts. Like where he was, for example. And how he got here. He remembered trying to save a puppy, and then a car sped towards him, before he blacked out. 

Oh yeah, I'm in a hospital, he thought. He looked down, and to his shock, his bomber jacket was gone, replaced by a white hospital robe. He frantically looked around, and thankfully found it hanging on a chair nearby, together with his other clothes, the one he was wearing before the hit-and-run, slightly marred with blood. He sighed, before letting himself slump back to the bed, suddenly feeling very weak. He remembered that he only got his arm punctured by glass shards, it shouldn't have been that bad....right? Oh wait, he has hemo-something, or at least that was how he was told shortly after the removal of those shards in his arms and they let him sleep... 

He sighed once more, and just decided to lie back, waiting for someone to come in, maybe a nurse or a doctor to at least make everything clearer to him. He was only told that he got hemophili-something, he's no medical student!

"Maybe heroic deeds has its side effects, huh..." He mumbled, lying back and giving one more look at the bandages.

((OOC: This is when Alfred just woke up in the hospital shortly after the removal of the shards in his arms. I decided I should start RPing so ^^'a))

Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: First day- where am I...? [open]   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 12:14 pm

Aimee was, of course, wandering around the hospital that day. She had woken to a small tray of breakfast on her bedside table, with a plastic fork and knife to cut the Styrofoam-like sustenance, and smirked while she pulled the tray onto her frail lap and lifted the utensils. Of course, she wasn't going to eat, but she started cutting and ripping at the food until he looked like lots of small pieces had been torn away and eaten from other ones (though all of the food remained on her plate) and placed it back on her table.

After that she had left her room (on very wobbly feet) and slipped from the long-term monitoring room she lived in and began looking around the hallway she was part of for something to do. A door was cracked slightly--interesting. Aimee made her way over to it and peeked through the crack, seeing a confused, though handsome looking teen about her age slump in his bed. Curiosity got the better of her, and Aimee was in the room, closing the door gently behind her.

"Hello! My name is Aimee, what about you?" she said softly, giving him a light smile as she pulled a chair closer to his bed. Of course, the Seychelloise teen was all smiles and sunshine, folding her hands daintily in her lap while she visited with the new patient in the children's ward. She quickly observed the bandages and looked around for his clothes absently, noticing the blood all over them and sighing just a little as she turned her attention back to Alfred.

(( Hope this was an okay reply for you, dear~ ))
Back to top Go down
Former America 2

Former America 2

PostSubject: Re: First day- where am I...? [open]   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 9:44 pm

(Of course it is, dear! I appreciate each and every reply I get!)

Alfred stared at the seemingly white and bland ceiling, and all of a sudden he wished that he was outside and free once more, not confined to the bed or the white, bland room.

Oh, he loved aviation. He loved all things that fly in general. As a kid, he remembered how he would watch birds fly and flap their wings, and often, he wondered how it is done. Why humans are bound to the ground. (Soon after, though, he knew that 'ariplanes' helped people 'fly'. As such, he grew to love aviation.) He remembered thinking just how free you can get by flying. Oh, and heroes fly too! In their billowing capes and everything else!

How he longed to spread his wings and fly out of this confinement (or rather, in this situation, stretch those damned legs and run), but his wounds pinned him to the bed. As much as he wanted to run and move, he really didn't feel like moving. N-not that heroes are afraid of the pain! He just wanted to lay down because the bed was comfy! Yeah, that's it.

Lost in his musings, he didn't notice when a young female with amber eyes and brown hair slip in. Well, at least until said girl introduced herself.

"Hello! My name is Aimee, what about you?"

Surprised by the sudden greeting, he whipped his head to the direction of the door. He grinned when he saw the girl, and thought that hey, maybe staying here isn't too bad, I mean, he has company now!

"Yo! The name's Alfred, and I'm the world hero! Don't you dare forget! Nahahaha!" He laughed.

As he scrutinized the young female sitting close to his bed, and couldn't help but notice that the girl is...abnormally thin. Well, he reasoned,maybe that's why she's here in the first place... But his curiosity got the better of him, and he finally asked.

"So, why are you here in the first place? You look rather thin...Have you been here long? As for me, I'm kinda new, I just got here yesterday! I was out doing hero deeds and a car slammed into me! But heroes are aweomse, and soo I'm alive! Although, they said that I have hemo-wait a sec, God why are medical terms so hard... Hemo-hemo-hemophilia! Yes, that. They said my blood can't clot properly, so I would have to stay for a while! How unawesome is that?" He rambled, excited about meeting a new friend in this confinement which would be his residence for the next few months.

(...wall of text...forgive me.... Really, I don't write this much normally, you'll notice, I promise that I won't post so much in the future... Sey, I'm sorry!!! -bows down repeatedly gdi I am so sorry-)
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: First day- where am I...? [open]   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 10:22 pm

Well, she liked his energy, she could give him that. How cute, he seemed so excited to be having someone visit--that was exactly what she was hoping for; she liked making people happy. "Alfred the world hero? How cool! What kind of stuff do you do, Mister Hero?" she asked happily, glad to see that he was at least in a sprightly mood.

--Oh. Well, hm. "They told me I have anorexia, but that they're keeping me here until I'm properly nourished and physically healthy enough to go to a mental hospital... b-but I'm not anorexic! I'm really not, I'm just not hungry!" she said, a large frown tugging at her lips as her brows lifted, only making her eyes look bigger in her slightly hollow face.

Oh, he's got hemophilia...? How interesting, she thought vaguely, an equally vacant expression on her face. "I'm sorry to hear that! But they'll take good care here--they tend to leave us alone a bit, so it's kind of relaxing sometimes. And anyway, you have me, and I'll visit all the time until you get better!" Aimee said cheerfully, excitement flickering in her eyes briefly. Certainly visiting the boy with the perfect English would be interesting for her, after all she had never met anyone with quite the energy he had.

(( Nahhh I looove long replies, dear! Type your heart out <3 ))
Back to top Go down
Former America 2

Former America 2

PostSubject: !   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:44 am

Alfred grinned. This girl had certainly made his day better, that's for one. He was kinda upset about being confined here, especially because the huge amount of blood loss during the glass shard removal is making him weaker than he really is. But she did say that they're gonna treat him properly here...

...wait. What? What did the girl say? Anorexia? He couldn't believe his ears. This young, spirited female is anorexic? That would explain the size of her body... He remembered back to the time in his school, the time where his school had educations regarding anorexia and bulimia. His school gave the symptoms, what could cause anorexia and bulimia, and all those sorts of things.

And for all he knew, anorexia could kill. Females were more likely to get anorexia, due to their obsession to have the perfect body size. And at that realization, his smile dimmed. It's unfair for this girl to die! She's clearly young, probably around his age, and well, he had to admit it, she is beautiful, what with her amber eyes and her hair tied with two red ribbons perfectly contrasting her dark-colored hair.

Curious about just how old this girl is (hey, she is shorter than him!) he asked.

"So Aimee...how old are you? I just wanna know, since well...you told me that the doctors are telling you that you have anorexia...Why don't you like to eat? Eating is great! I love to eat, especially fast foods! Though, I'm not allowed to eat too many of them, it could cause obesity, that's what my caretaker said..." He trailed off. He wasn't ready to relive that yet. He quickly skipped to another topic.

"A-anyway, don't you know that anorexia can kill you? In Washington DC, where I come from, there has been numerous amounts of teenagers that died due to anorexia! As the world hero, I'm not gonna let you die, because that is unheroic! So I think you should start eating something, because it's dangerous if you don't! Heroes don't leave people in danger! How can you not believe the doctor? You said that they were gonna be nice to us! So I think they're trying to be nice to you, too." Alfred rambled, all the while his blue eyes expressing concern. He really, really didn't want to lose a friend.

"How about this- you're gonna visit me everyday, right? Then you'll have to bring your food here everyday and eat with me! If you don't like to eat, eating with friends should make it better, right?" He said, cheerier than before. Maybe then she would eat her food and he can save her! He mentally decided, this is my new damsel-in-distress. I'm gonna save her, no matter what it takes!

(...OTL I always get like this RPing with new people. I always wanted to RP with a Sey!)
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: First day- where am I...? [open]   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:46 am

How old was she--? Well, she pegged him as around the sixteen or seventeen age, definitely around her, hm.... "I'm sixteen," she said softly, just smiling while he rambled about his joy of eating. Well, it's great that he has that feeling for food, but I don't because of how I've grown up. Even her brain, the logical part of all of this (sort of), was in denial to the disorder that was causing her to waste away.

"Well, I would worry about that if I was, but I'm just in here because I'm weak! See?" she asked, waving an emaciated hand slightly, "Just weak. Like you, you're weak because you lost blood, I'm weak because I've never ever eaten very much food." Alright, so that was slightly true.

Aimee vaguely remembered growing up and eating bits of what little food her family split between them, growing up skinny like most people in her country did, all the while not knowing a mental problem was developing that would cause the physical toll to land her in a normal hospital--white gowns and sleeping, lots of sleeping.

Eating with him... hm. A vague, dreamy smile crossed her face, and she looked at him slightly dopily. "Wow, okay, I will visit you every day! I promise I'll never forget to visit you!" she said enthusiastically as she took one of his weakened hands in her own thin one. "Every single day. Just tell me when you get tired of me," she said, the same.. happy? smile stuck to her face while they talked together.

(( Baww I'm glad were RPing, then! Surprisingly I rarely get to play with Alfreds ;n; ))

Last edited by Aimee Prideaux on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Former America 2

Former America 2

PostSubject: Re: First day- where am I...? [open]   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:01 am

Sixteen? So they shared an age and she was short? He found it hilarious for a moment. But then again, it was her size that made him even more upset than he already was, she's sixteen, just like him, yet she's so small, and frail. The hero in him is rising further and further, and the need to help save this girl, no matter what it takes, has been his new self-proclaimed hero task. 

"How can you doubt the doctors? It's impossible to doubt them! If they proclaim you anorexic then you should try harder to live! See, you admitted you were weak due to lack of food! Well, you have to do something! You're young, you have a life ahead if you make it!"

He really has to get this girl to eat, one way or another. There is no way, no goddamn way that she is NOT eating. She will have to, and even if he can't watch over her all the time, he's going to make sure she eats. Even if it's only once a day.

"Aimee, promise me you're going to spend your meals with me. I want to see changes in your stature. I don't want you purging or anything like that. I'm not gonna promise you anything if you do, because I can't, but if you do spend your meals with me and actually don't purge, then you're making the both of us happy. That's all I want you to know. Don't waste your life! You're b-" He cut himself short there. No, he just met her, he shouldn't say things like that. He stammered, trying to cover up that recent slip, but couldn't hide the tinge of red behind his ears.

"Erm, so anyway. Spend your meals with me and don't purge or try to get rid of it afterwards. That's all I ask from you... Please?" He looked at Aimee with his hard-to-resist weapon: his round sky blue puppy eyes. (Even teachers gave in.) "Let's try our best to be strong again! Alright?"

(Aaaawww. Well you have an Al now and I have a Sey- tell me when I get too OOC because I'm new to RP XD 
Honestly I like where this is going

...I'm itching to make that bruise on Al's abdomen an internal bleeding and he requires surgery or whatever and leaves Aimee worrying /shot at forever)
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: First day- where am I...? [open]   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 9:20 pm

"I doubt the doctors because this is how some people back home look, silly. There's so little money back home, so we all kind of grew up that way. Of course, not as bad as in some of the other countries in Africa--I've visited Zimbabwe, quite a difficult place to live... hm, but still, the fact of the matter is that I'm not sick. Just malnourished. Understand? I'll be right as rain and out of here in no time, maybe even out of here before you. See, they've got me hooked up to an IV thing usually...
she trailed off and rubbed at her forearm with a light wince and laughed it off meekly.

She simply laughed softly again when he spoke again, lightly squeezing the hand she didn't quite remember having a hold of before (vaguely she did, but--hm) and smiled again. "Purging is bulimics, Alfred. I wouldn't do that to myself. But okay, I promise," she muttered, trying to soften her voice to a more soothing quality.

"I'm what, hmm?" Aimee asked, smiling teasingly when she saw his ears flare red. So interesting pale skin was--one could see any change in mood because faces could flush and pale much more visibly than her own.

(( Pffft xD <3 Don't be evil my dear ))
Back to top Go down
Former America 2

Former America 2

PostSubject: Re: First day- where am I...? [open]   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:27 am

His ears were red? W-wow, he had hoped it would be hidden. yeah, he was weak to cute stuff, no denying, b-but heroes do NOT like cute things. He huffed, trying to wave of the color in his ears, which were creeping to his neck and slowly his face at being confronted about what he was about to say. He can't just go and tell her that, he just knew her.

"You-er, you're young, yeah! So you should eat more, nahahahaha!"

Oh, please let that be enough to cover up everything.

Wait- people were this size where she lived? God, wherever she came from, it must be a really poor country. He can't imagine anyone looking like that, at all. I mean, he was used to being fed with fast food and everything else of the type.

"Wow, all the people in your place looks like that? N-no way! Where d'ya come from? I can't believe you!" The teen's blue eyes grew to the size of dinner plates, an almost comical size. Really, he was still having a hard time believing in what this girl just told him.

"You seriously gotta tell me more about your hometown. If it isn't Zimbabwe, where could it be?"

Well, the poorest place he knew IS Africa, after all, he's geographically blind outside the United States. When he told everyone he knew where Africa was, everyone was genuinely shocked. (And well, it turned out to be the only other continent he knew of anyway.)

((Pfft, but the idea sounds funnnn XDDD -shootmeIknowmostofmyficsareangstyandfilledwithdeath-))
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: First day- where am I...? [open]   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:48 pm

She simply laughed softly as his face too turned slowly redder, listening to him speak. She knew he was lying, but she was always the one for obliviousness, so she grinned at him and nodded. "I should, but I can't control how hungry I am!" she said brightly--maybe that would make him stop focus on her for a minute. He was so cute, she thought, and there weren't many really cute guys in the children's ward--no, they were all in the adult ward, and she didn't sneak off to go there nearly as much.

"I'm from a beautiful paradise called Seychelles. Repiblik Sesel is near Madagascar? I hope you've seen that movie at the least, it's so cute!" she laughed softly and nodded more to herself than him, then blinked a little as she considered his other question. "Well, only the unwealthy--the ones with more money are perfectly fine, of course."

Aimee again laughed and released Alfred's hand, instead patting it lightly and sitting back in her chair once more. "My home is a story for another day. What about you? Where are you from, what's it like there?"
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: First day- where am I...? [open]   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Kiku was not a paedeatric doctor. However, he had swapped shifts with one of the paedeatic doctors, becuase she needed to go to her goddaughter's christening. he walked through the ward. The children's ward was his least favourite, which was why he never went in here if he could help it.

It brought back memories of being twelve, the first time he had been hospitalised for annorexia. He remembered it being dark, hearing a five year old in pain crying somewhere far away. There had been a brightly coloured cartoon animal on the wall that distorted in the dark.

He had hated being in the hospital. All the children, they never let him alone. "Annorexia? That's a girls disease, isn't it?" They would ask.

How was he supposed to answer that? No, obviously it wasn't a girls disease, he had it, and he was male. Say yes, just so they would go away. Finally, after his fourth visit, at fifteen, he would simply reply, "It's a syndrome, actually. Not a disease."

He looked at the beds, a few of them empty. He noticed a tray of food by one of said empty beds. All the pieces had been ripped up and mashed together. Classic sign of annorexia nervosa, but hard to miss. He knew it, but only because he'd spent most of his teenage years doing the exact same thing.

He ignored it and continued looking for his first patient. A heamophiliac, Alfred F Jones. Finally he found him. He was lying in his bed, hooked up to a blood bag, while talking to an awfully thin girl around his own age, by the look of it. He seemed cheerful enough, if a bit pale from loss of blood.

He walked over, "Konnichiwa, Jones-san. Becuase your doctor is away, I'm going to be your doctor for today. I hope you don't mind." He bowed politely.

"Today, I'm just going to check there's not internal bruising and then I'm going to teach you how to inject yourself with factor VIII, which is a clotting agent." He stepped forward. He looked back at the girl, "Oh, you can stay, if you want, miss." he said to the girl, who he thought looked a little conflicted. "Please can you remove your shirt, Jones-san? Now, have you had any pain? Paticularily in your joints or muscles?" he started to inspect him for bruises.
Back to top Go down
http://lapaleuk1.livejournal.com
Alfred

PostSubject: I'm not logged in cause I don't have time, but here is my reply ^^   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:56 am

He smiled at Aimee's words. Madagascar? The movie that's got cute dancing animals in them? She lived near there?

"Wow Aimee, where you live sounds rather interesting! Beautiful paradise? Is it that beautiful? I'd love to go someday!" He smiled.
"Me? Well, my hometown is in this here country, in Washington DC! With the White House and everything! I was born in the city so I'd love to see animals someday!"

Just as he finished chattering, a doctor with jet-black hair entered the room, and addressing him with..Jonessan? Oh my God, that can't be him, it's got to be the wrong person, his name is Alfred F Jones not Jonessan or something of that sort!

"Excuse me...? I think you got the wrong patient... My name's Alfred F Jones and not Jonessan so I think you may have gotten mixed up or something? I know some people share the same name as I do or something similar but my name is really awesome and heroic-sounding so thanks for coming but you've got the wrong patient!" Alfred rambled in one sentence.

((Pfft, I love oblivious!Alfred. Forgive me Kiku XD And Sey, sorry for slow update. School ate up a lot of my time, even now I can't reply long. I alsp have a fic to finish- it's a Secret Santa fic, so XD))
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: First day- where am I...? [open]   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Aimee laughed softly as he began to speak to the doctor, reaching over again and covering his larger hand with hers as a quiet way of seeking his attention. "Actually, Alfred, ah... wow, this is a doctor! Haha, yeah, and he's from Japan. I remember growing up learning Chinese to converse with some of my neighbors, they would call their older siblings Jiejie and Gege, and their little siblings Meimei and Didi. It kind of sounded like Yue-jie if they were addressing their older sister. So Jones-san is like your last name, with a respectful thing after it. It'd be mike me saying Msyeu Jones, or Mister Jones."

Of course, she returned her attention to the doctor and smiled. "Hi Doctor Honda! I'm sorry for that, I don't suppose he's been... well, exposed to many cultures other than his own. You know, weird education systems..." the girl trailed off, shaking her head a little as she gave Alfred's hand an absent pat.
Back to top Go down
Former America 2

Former America 2

PostSubject: Re: First day- where am I...? [open]   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 9:20 am

Oh. 

Ohhh.

Now it made sense. Of course the doctor would refer to him as Jones-san. He is a patient, and well. It kinda sounded heroic as well so he didn't mind much.

Wait, factor-wha? Injection? Oh no. Oh no no no. No, Alfred hates injections. The last time they tried to do that for his immunization he kicked the doctor at...well, where the sun don't shine. He didn't mean it, really! It wasn't a well aimed kick. Nope, definitely not on purpose. Anyway, he still hates injections. But... Alfred looked at Aimee, who had grabbed his hand. There was no way in history he would show that he's scared of that. Injections hurt! Can't medicines be taken orally? Factor-whatever it is, there should be some way... He didn't want an injection! 

"Oh, so that's how they call people in Japan? Woah, interesting! You're from Japan? Isn't that where anime come from? I like the games! They have cool styles! Can you draw like them? Manga, isn't it?" he rambled. It's always been his way to avoid the subject he doesn't like, by rambling and confusing people with his rambles. They would try to think about the rambles, and while they do, he'd throw more in, completely blowing off the previous subject. Most people see this as enthusiasm or curiosity, often as airheaded. He's not that stupid, though. He knows he comes off to everyone as ditzy, but really, sometimes he isn't as ditzy as everyone thinks.

((Sey, Kiku, I'm back. I've already finished my exams, and I've recovered from my mini mental breakdown, so all is fine now ^^ I can start RPing again!))
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: First day- where am I...? [open]   First day- where am I...? [open] EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 1:30 pm

((S'okay, hun, I have my mocks in January, so I sympathise.))

“Ahh, um, hai,” Kiku smiled at the girl, “It's alright, I'm used to it, and I forget that americans don't understand the honorific system, it's just natural to me,” He turned back to Alfred.

Kiku wasn't sure, but he thought he saw a flicker of fear over the boy's face, what to though, he wasn't sure, probably the thought of injections, thinking about it, it was the most likely thing. Well, it wasn't an uncommon fear, though he found mostly people were afraid of the idea of needles, not actual injections. But Alfred would have to get over it if wanted to live past a few years, he needed to lean how to inject himself. 

But suddenly he couldn't think anymore because Alfred was gabbling to him in such an enigmatic fast way that he had to listen, wait until he had finished and process it before he even thought about talking. Slowly, however, he began to replay it in his head and respond, “Yes, they're honorifics, it shows your relationship with a person. 'San' is the equivalent of 'mr', 'kun', 'chan' and 'tan' are close friends, 'kun' for a boy and 'chan' is a girl. Sensei is for persons in a position of responsibility over you, like a teacher or a doctor, sama is very polite and no honorific is only used for close family and lovers. After that it gets a lot more complicated.” 

He tool a deep breath, after that long explanation he was a little out of breath, and he had just covered the first point, “And hai, I was born just outside Tokyo.” He smiled a little, “Yes, it is where the anime is made and I live video games too, I just got the newest Final Fantasy about a week ago,” He didn't know why he was saying that, he was supposed to be the mature doctor, not a friend. Oh well, he couldn't take it back now. “I've been drawing manga since I was a child, I post my stuff online, on my--” He stopped. They didn't need to know about his livejournal, paticularily because some of the comics were… questionable, either because of violence or his like for yaoi. Most people thought it was weird.
Back to top Go down
http://lapaleuk1.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First day- where am I...? [open]   First day- where am I...? [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

First day- where am I...? [open]
Page 1 of 1