Hospitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDirectoryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former America

Former America

Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur] Empty
PostSubject: Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur]   Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur] EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:31 am

Dogs. Dogs. Dogs. He knew Arthur liked dogs. But not cats or anything of the type. Why on earth that would be different from a dog, the blond American had no clue. His cats acted more like dogs anyways. Cute, cuddly, furry, he was getting distracted again. Shaking his head, he continued up to the blond's office. He felt like he sadly cared for the older man. Being alone all this time was sickening. Alfred remembered it when he was younger, with no name to call himself. For four years, he felt like he was dying. Only the occasional animal kept him alive. Alfred chuckled to himself. That sounded overly dramatic.

Swooning the nurses was easy, and the blond got Arthur's office number easily. He was only a few rooms away. The dog pranced by his side. A collie that he got from a breeder, who would take her back if anything happened, and certified all the normal health problems. A great breeder. Humming softly, Elizabeth, he researched a good 'English' name, bounced happily with him. She would be a great match to the stuffy doctor. Asking around, and mostly bugging the blond doctor, Alfred found that he liked collies.

The stuffy little Britty better like his present too. Finding he was outside the doctor's door, he grinned. The blond ruffled his hair up some more, kneeling down and tightening the little English flag bandanna on Elizabeth's neck. Slamming open the doctor's door Alfred announced himself loudly. "Hey! Iggy! I got you a new friend and you're going to like it! The hero has arrived!" He shouted off in rapid succession, Elizabeth following on her new blue leash. Handing the leash over to him, he grinned. "I got you a dog. Now stop having a stick up your British butt."

Oh he was just so charming sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur]   Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur] EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:48 am

Arthur's day had been relatively pleasant so far. The young Asian child, Jun, had been doing much better after a few days of rest, Gilbert's results were... not the best, but at least they had him on breathing machines and were working out possible cures and finally Alfred had actually stayed in the hospital and allowed himself to be examined once in a blue moon.

Whenever Arthur had actually gone to visit him, there had been less doctoring and more just listening to the idiot babble on while trying to convince him that he was terribly ill. When not denying his illness, Alfred would gamble on about whatever seemed to pass through that mind of his leading to many long and boring conversations about aliens, heros and video games. This man seriously needed to meet the Dane.

So, sitting in his office, reading through Gilbert's charts, sipping tea and rather calm, Arthur started as the American burst through the door with a small... Thing. Said thing with a leash attached and shoved into his hand, promptly had jumping into his lap and assaulted his face with licks. barely holding back a screech, Arthur had to the stop and actually look at the thing for a moment.

Thing was a dog. A small black-and-white collie, like the one he had back home that herded the sheep and kept him and James company on cold nights where the little brother was wracked by fevers and all Arthur could do was make sure his brow had a cool cloth while reading as much as he could.

His hand reached down, scratching the soft fur. "A... puppy?"
Back to top Go down
http://twilightrose2.livejournal.com/
Former America

Former America

PostSubject: Re: Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur]   Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur] EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:43 pm

He knew that the older blond might hate him for the fact that he really didn't think anything was that wrong with him, and on top of that, he loved to talk and not be talked to. A habit of his really, he knew. Alfred yawned, knowing he might get yelled at for bring a dog of all things, to the Englishman...whatever he was. Was he British or English? Was there a difference? The American wrinkled his nose in thought. He hated people who called themselves two things. Well either way, it gave him more nicknames.

Alfred looked down at Elizabeth, who was perfectly 'calm' in a hospital. That was good. Collies weren't his type of dog, but they seemed to be a favorite of a lot of people. To be honest he liked some good old mutts. Those mutts are smart and tricky. He remembered Ol' Red. Such a sweet girl. She looked so pretty coming home from her stay up north. It was always sad to see her owners go, since he always liked running around with her. She saved her owners from a house fire. She was thanked with plenty of table scraps, that was for sure.

Oh well, either way, Arthur was getting a dog, and he knew said doctor was going to have a fit. Watching Elizabeth bolt into Iggy's lap, made him laugh loudly. Those two were going to be perfect for each other. Alfred busied himself by looking around the man's office. So many folders, books, did this man ever get out of his office? Sheesh. The blond perked up hearing the doctor's voice.

"Yep. Newborn collie puppy.~ I got her just for you. Her name is Elizabeth. That was..well a queen over there or something right? I'm not too good with anything that's not American History." He admitted, reaching a hand to scratch at the back of his skull. "I remember asking you about what you would like as a animal, and you told me a dog after making fun of Lucy. So. I asked around some more, and found out that you liked collies! That works right?" Alfred was eager to hear he did something right! The doctor needed a friend. Since Alfred doubted he could ever know the doctor well enough, to even be anything but a annoying patient, why not get him someone who only wanted to please him?

"Plus, she's good with kids. If you needed help with them, dogs help." He tried to give more benefits on having a dog, so Arthur didn't get too pissed off. "Right?" Alfred for once, wanted to hear that he did a good job, and not hear that he was in so in denial that it pissed/annoyed the other off. He could dream too.
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur]   Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur] EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:38 am

It took a moment to find the right words to explain what was going on in his mind. All at once he was angry, thrilled, regretting and simply surprised. Such a gesture was almost unheard of to him and it made his heart beat a little faster just at the thought of someone putting that much effort in a gift for him.

Picking the dog up, frowning at her eyes (bright and focused) he cuddled her close, letting his head rest against the soft one, feeling the rough tongue lick his ear. He laughed, squirming away and letting the dog onto the ground where it proceeded to happily explore his office. "Elizabeth was a very famous queen, and the current queen is also called Elizabeth... Elizabeth the second that is." clearing his throat a little, he looked up at the American.

He wanted to say 'thank you, but no thank you' that he couldn't allow himself to keep a dog here at the hospital, that is was simply against the rules and even if he did leave it at home, it would never get the attention it needed from him. But there was just pleading in Alfred's eyes and a secret, selfish part of Arthur really wanted the puppy.

"Thank you Alfred." he said, reaching down a hand as the collie sat beside him, patting her head, "She's beautiful and I absolutely love her... That was sweet of you." This could mark a turning point in their relationship... Was Alfred finally trusting him a little more?
Back to top Go down
Former America

Former America

PostSubject: Re: Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur]   Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur] EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Alfred was getting worried that Arthur was going to blow up on him or something. He did good, even the people at home thought so! Getting a dog for someone who obviously needed one and given a home to a dog in need. He thought that was well done and good. The taller blond scratched his head, wondering what on earth was so wrong with a dog. Iggy seemed to be the cat type anyways. So he already broke a rule there. Aren't old cranky people supposed to like cats? The thought went over his head. Cats are awesome little fluffy buddies. Sheesh.

He twitched slightly watching the older male frown at the dog. Alfred felt disappointed, and slightly offended. But really was it too much to ask that he was trying to do the right thing? He might not like Arthur sometimes, and accused him of being a ghost and keeper of alligators and crocodiles, and accusing him of being the ghost queen and all that other stuff. The taller blond paused, thinking. Did Arthur plan to get his affection th- Oh god that was cute. Alfred let out a laugh, watching Arthur finally seem to enjoy the collie.

"Yeah! I thought it would be a good name cause they're all royal people and you always act like that with your degrees and stuff. Though I think the dog might loosen you up. Normally, I get people cats, because cats and I go hand and hand, and I can tell you everything about them." Alfred paused to smile. "Dogs are a little easier, but still different. I saw her, and heard her name, and I thought she would be a good dog."

Alfred's eyes shined happily and he let out a happy cheer. "I'm so glad you like her! If you didn't, I was planning on opening the door and acting like you were molesting me, and I was terrified, and embarrass you until you agreed." The blond admitted shamelessly. "I'm glad you did accept her though~ I didn't want to start reciting bad soap opera lines."

"I know you can't really have a lot of animals in the hospital, but I know someone close to here, who trains dogs to be service dogs, and therapy dogs, and she could help you so Elizabeth could be in the hospital full time and, when she can't be in here, you can always hide her in my room!" Alfred amazingly planned something ahead of time, and was going to help Arthur become more like him! Happy! Carefree! Totally not sick!~
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur]   Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur] EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:14 am

Arthur's fingers found the soft spot behind Elizabeth's ears and scratched it happily, sighing a bit to himself, nuzzling into his chair. This was much better and for some reason, he melt a lot more... doctorish with the animal at his side. If that were even possible, maybe he was just living off the tiny high the puppy's arrival had brought, which in itself would be okay.

"Cats?" Arthur asked, laughing a little, "You know I don't like cats. And I'm rather glad you didn't have to resort to the molesting thing... I rather like this job and even if I did manage to keep it. Willy would never let me forget it." God, he could just imagine the Dutchman's smile- but before his face could frown at the idea, Elizabeth's tongue licking his fingers made him laugh and forget the image completely.

A service dog? Now there was an interesting idea, one he had been considering more often than not after Alfred mentioned bringing the cats into the children's ward and reading a few articles on it. But the idea of sharing Elizabeth almost seemed silly, and he shocked himself a little at how attached he had become to the dog in the short span of a few minutes.

He patted her head again."And I don't think anymore animals would fit in your room Alfred, you've got quite the menagerie in there," he smiled, "Don't think I don't know about all the cats. Jun seems to like them quite a lot."

Back to top Go down
Former America

Former America

PostSubject: Re: Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur]   Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur] EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:34 pm

The blue eyed man realized that he might not have given Arthur a chance to decline his deal, but he really didn't give any thought to it. Iggy had a dog. Iggy would like said dog. Iggy might stop acting so uptight. It all worked out for him in the end. Not only did he do a good thing, but maybe Arthur would stop treating him like a patient that had a wall between him, and treat him more like...well what was the word?

He knew that Arthur would probably never think him of a friend, but more like a good.. acquaintance or whatever? That would be bearable for the both of them. While Alfred would befriend everyone, even he had close friends that he became extremely protective and possessive over. (His sister was pissed, when he knocked the lights out of her boyfriend. What could he do? He was being rude?!) Mulling over the fact that no, it might not of been the brightest idea to punch his elder sister's boyfriend, he also thought getting the shotgun out would be better.

"I know you don't like cats. Plus, I don't think too many cats could deal with you." He teased. "I was trying to say that I had a friend travel down to the breeder, and trying to pick a dog through a webcam is harder than people think. But I think I picked the best dog for you." Alfred pouted slightly when he received no shouting embarrassed Arthur, but whatever. He enjoyed that he did a good thing more than taking a picture of Arthur's face and posting it around the hospital, and telling the nurses that he loved to be cuddled, and every chance the got, they should smile and apologize. That would make him go into a fit probably.

The taller male blushed slightly, fidgeting with one side of his hoodie as Arthur busted him on the cat comment. Okay...so he had a few cats...nothing bad! Just...three or four...and was hopefully going to g- that wasn't the point! He was raising them enough so that the cat rescue a few blocks down could get them adopted. He would be back down to Lucy soon enough. Jun...The boy just made Alfred smile. He was adorable, huggable, squishable- hewassofreakingcute! "Shut up." He huffed, his cheeks puffing out slightly. "The cats are more huggable than any doctor or nurse here. 'Specially you. And the dog could fit in my room. It's not Godzilla." Why wouldn't the dog fit in the room? Did he miss the tag on the dog saying 'if you put this into Alfred's room it turns the size of the hospital'? Well that would be a nasty side effect.
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur]   Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur] EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:04 am

He had actually found a laptop, called a breeder, setup a webcam call, chosen a dog through said video-chat and then had the dog delivered, named it and brought it too him? Just at the thought, Arthur felt his cheeks heat up a little and cleared his throat nervously. Lifting up a hand, he rubbed his pink cheeks and keep his gaze down until he was able to getting the blush under control.

The heat dying down, he looked up at the blond, offering a small smile. "I'm glad you got me dog, I've never liked cats, they've never liked me." he blinked as Elizabeth waddled over to his feet and flopped down on them, curling up, though the tail kept twitching every few moments. He smiled, reaching down and petting her head for a moment.

"And I know she could fit, but she wouldn't be very subtle." Arthur sat up a little straighter in his chair, "A-And... I'm really glad you gave this to me Alfred... I feel like we're really going to be able to get past the patient-doctor relation-" there he went, sounding like a doctor, "I just mean... we might be friends... at this rate."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur]   Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur] Empty

Back to top Go down

Dogs for the cranky~ [Arthur]
Page 1 of 1