Hospitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDirectoryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Hong Kong

Former Hong Kong

Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] Empty
PostSubject: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:38 am

It hurt.

A shaky breath was inhaled through his slitted lips as he was wheeled into the white Hospital, feeling the eyes of many who had came to check-up as well. He heard gasps, felt looks, and even some words of prayers, comforts -- their eyes, looking up and down his petite figure -- his hands, clenched in small balls of fists, trying desperately to not show more emotion by crying out, showing tears -- nothing, nothing. He would never. He would make his parents proud by keeping his vigilance and being quiet, keeping his pain to himself. If he showed pain, what if he caused pain to anyone around him? Through narrowed eyes, Jun-Yi looked around, trying to see if any white angel could help him. Blood dripped and his teeth were keeping prison around the soft flesh of his lips, but he didn't let go.

Holding onto the arm of the chair until his knuckles were white, the brunette teen breathed in his nose and lips through gritted teeth, the small bumps and movements of the wheelchair against the ground jostling the mangled mess of blood skin that was his legs. 'Someone, someone please help... Unnoticed by him, tears were now slowly creeping down his face, blurring his vision as he wiped at them hurriedly with his hands. His heartbeat was in his ears.

One, two, three... Three's the charm, so where's the angel?
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:53 am

Arthur pager had beeped and he read on it for a single moment before bolting to his feet. He ordered one of the nurses to grab Francis and have him meet up at one of the ERs as he rushed to the side of the bleeding boy being wheeled frantically through the hallways. He talked to he paramedics quickly as he was moved into a bed, an oxygen mask placed over his tiny face. Nodding at them, he started to lead the bed along to it's room.

Carefully, he leaned over the boy, passing the small flashlight in his pocket over his eyes. "Jun?" he said in a distinct voice, loud over the rushing of the wheels and calls of the nurses helping him, "Jun, I'm Dr Arthur Kirkland, can you hear me at all?" the doors to the room slide open as they pushed him to the wall next to another bed, the people around him working to bed the room ready while Arthur continued to watch the boy's eyes, still barking out instructions now and then.

"I'm here to help you okay?"
Back to top Go down
http://twilightrose2.livejournal.com/
Former France

Former France

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:09 am

If there was one thing that scared Francis more than what he might see at the clinic, it was ER calls. There was never a time he had set foot into the building that he hadn't regreted. Broken bones, bashed in skulls, gun shot wounds, horrible cuts. And they all had one main thing in common- blood.

The deep red, sticky, substance- as far as Francis was concerned- should only be inside someone's body and it had no business being outside of it. It was disgusting- the way it coagulated around an open wound, or pooled up on an operating table was just something that his stomach couldn't handle. More than once had he lost his breakfast over a surgery or a rare ER visit.

And Dieu. Today just had to be one of those days, didn't it?

He prolonged it as long as he could, even though the nurse told him that Arthur said to hurry. He also knew that the Brit would probably yell at him- but a man with a bump on his head demanded his attention more right now. Or at least, that's what he told himself. Even though he knew just by a quick check up the patient was fine, he still opted for an x-ray- and... to do it himself. Because hey- who better? And this didn't involve blood, at least not on the outside.

After determining the man was indeed alright, Francis tried to think of another excuse- any excuse really. Did a doctor need lunch? Maybe coffee break- he could run out and get donuts- But the nurse sent to fetch him wouldn't hear anymore of it and practically dragged him down to the ER by his ear, the Frenchman dragging his heels all the way. Dieu this wasn't far! Why couldn't he just stay in the clinic- at least those were just colds and sneezes and snot

And he knew. Oh, did he know, as soon as he saw Arthuring hover over what seemed to be just a crudely carved figure that really should have no business even being alive-

He was going to be sick.
Back to top Go down
Former Hong Kong

Former Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:21 am

Reaction time was rather slow, he realized, as he flinched from the light almost five seconds later from when it was flown into his eyes. Blinking once, he gave a small, taut nod, not wanting to move his body any farther. The other had a British accent... As much as he didn't like his Father, he did remind him of the days when it was okay, at least, and his nerves seemed to calm down a little. Although the stinging, prickling sensation in his legs didn't seem to lessen, his eyes returned to be a bit relaxed, a bit more ... Himself, before whispering forlornly, almost distantly as he looked at the white figured before his eyes.

"A-Am I going to die?" Jun-Yi asked, glancing at the bloody mess. "I-I don't want t-to die..."
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:34 am

The Brit blinked at the question. It was really wasn't rare to hear it from patients in this state but seeing this boy, so young, so scared... Arthur had to shake his head to clear it of the heavy thoughts there. He had a patient to save, not to think about how innocent he looked. As the nurses hooked him up toe blood supplies and starting to stem the bleeding with pads and tourniquets, Arthur looked over his shoulder.

"Oy!" he said, waving at the Frenchman, "Get your ass in here and help me save this boy!" he knew the intern was terrible with blood and what better way to get over that fear than to dive right into a messy case?

Done yelling at Francis, he leaned back over the boy, touching his cheeks, getting rid of the tear subconsciously. "No Jun," he said, smiling weakly, "You're not going to die, you're just a little banged up is all," he watched him, "I'm going to save you. Can I have this boy hook up on some tranexamic please?! And something to bloody help him with the pain."
Back to top Go down
Former France

Former France

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Francis felt his stomach churn as he closed his eyes, trying to take a calming breath but just met with the metallic scent of blood and stagnant air. He covered his nose and mouth as Arthur yelled at him again, quickly rushing to get something to get something for the pain (anything to actually get away from this- this... wreck).

He came back soon, shaking off the automatic flight response he got in these situations, and came up beside Arthur, not quite able to look down at the boy. His stomach felt like it was going to jump out of his throat, his hands even trembling slightly. "Doctor... Kirkland-" he managed quietly. "You... know I can't-" he took another steadying breath.

Like Arthur would give a damn about his low blood tolerance-

Reaching over to the boy's IV the nurse had already hooked up to the boy's arm, Francis reached up and injected a dose of morphine into the bag. "What- what do I even... do?"
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:23 am

Arthur walked over, grabbing Francis' arm, starting to explain what the nurses were doing in a fast and no-nonsense tone, going over the procedures, the drugs needed all the while ignoring the sickened look on his face. If Francis was going to be any good at this job, he was going to need to face his fears whether he wanted to or not.

Due to the drugs, the young man was out like a light before Arthur could say another word to him. Finally, Jun was wheeled off to the surgery-room and Arthur allowed Francis to leave and settle his stomach while preparing the room for the boy's return. A few hours later, the doors slid open.

The Brit waited beside Jun's bedside, a hand on his arm (almost comforting) while his eyes moved between the heartmachine and the boy's face. He knew the anesthetic and sleeping drugs would be wearing off soon and he was sure the boy did not want to wake up alone. His grip tightened slightly.

"Jun? Jun-Yi, can you hear me?"
Back to top Go down
Former Hong Kong

Former Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:47 am

Blinking blearily, Jun-Yi opened one eye, then the other, one at a time. The ceiling was snowy white; the first thing he noticed. The second was that there wasn't any blood anymore. Third, he was in a comfortable yet hard bed, with a pillow propping him up. He stifled a small yawn and looked down, to see the same man before the... Had he gone through a surgery? Perhaps so. He cracked a smile and tried to speak, but found that his throat was clogged. Clearing it a couple of times, he looked at his bandaged leg, then back at the Doctor.

"Y-Yes?" Jun-Yi's response was almost a question as he kept on looking at his bandaged limbs, flitting his gaze to the green eyes again. "I-I can." He answered the second time, wincing as his throat complained to him of the strain. Feeling the hand on his arms were comforting, and he mouthed a small, 'Thank you' to him. Moving his hand slowly, he placed his much smaller ones upon the blonde's hand, squeezing it once.
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:47 pm

His head looked down at the small one on his and he felt the tips of his ears pink. "Hello Jun-Yi, are you feeling okay? You just went through some rather nasty surgery, but you're here now and it went very smoothly." he smiled softly, "My name is Arthur Kirkland and I'm going to be your doctor."

He sat down on the edge of the bed, frowning a little. This boy's legs were utterly destroyed by a fall, or so said the paramedics but what kind of young boy would do such a thing? And his charts had said no parents... Bernette was going to useful for this boy later on... "Now Jun, my intern and I are going to ask you a few questions, do you feel okay with answering them right now?"
Back to top Go down
Former France

Former France

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:41 pm

The Frenchman was almost completely white. At least Jun-Yi had a blanket covering his legs now but... that image was burnt into his vision and he couldn't get it out of his mind. He swallowed and stood next to Arthur, holding the clipboard tightly.

He only watched the boy's face, chewing his lip slightly as he shifted foot from foot- Was he having trouble speaking? His throat must hurt-.

"Do you want some water?" he asked quickly, voice soft and perhaps a bit worried. He glanced at Arthur. "I... mean it sounds like he could use some... no?"
Back to top Go down
Former Hong Kong

Former Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:30 am

Jun-Yi knew that the medicine had something to do with this; at least, that's what he hoped. Squinting, he could almost, almost, oh-so closely see a little thin silhouette of a wing at both their shoulderblades, glittering, welcoming, warm. Shaking his head a little to clear the thought and licking his lips with his dry tongue, he welcomed the nice voice by opening his slitted eyes. "O-Oh... Hello, Doctor Kirkland." He replied politely as he scuffled beneath the covers, slipping his hands into his sleeves like he always did, a slight habit of his.

"A-Ai, intern?" There someone went with a medical term he didn't know. With a curt nod, he looked as another man stepped into the scene; he remembered him from before, yet the medicines had kicked him before he could get a good glance. He had... Stayed away from him. The thought made Jun-Yi a bit lonely, but he pushed the thought away as he gulped, looking back to Arthur. "... Qu-Questions?" To be completely honest, the teen hated, hated, absolutely loathed questionings. But he would help him, right?

... R-Right?

A moment slipped past, and as confirmation, he answered with a small, almost inaudible nod.
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:58 am

"That's quite fine Mr. Bonnefoy, a cup of water would be fine for Jun." Arthur nodded at the Frenchman before sitting on the edge of Jun's bed, letting his shoulders relax slightly. At least the boy was responding well and didn't seem to be into too much pain. "An intern is a student studying under me. I'm a very well-trained doctor and Francis- Mr. Bonnefoy also wants to learn to help people properly."

"Can you tell me about your parents at all?" Arthur asked, smiling quietly, "You don't have to right now, but I need to know some of your history Jun."
Back to top Go down
Former France

Former France

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:14 am

Francis nodded quickly, disappearing only for a minute before coming back with a small plastic cup of water. He walked over to the boy and watched him for a second before offering the cup.

Properly his ass.

At least Arthur's story sounded nice... Now if only it were true. But looking down at the boy- he felt his heart go out to him slightly, and he found himself actually wanting to help. No boy that young should go through that. He had read through his file even and... he had done this to himself?

It was rather sad.
Back to top Go down
Former Hong Kong

Former Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:27 am

"Ai." Jun-Yi nodded, slipping his hands into his sleeves and slipping them underneath his covers, closing his eyes for a fraction of a second; as soon as the Doctor mentioned his Parents, however, the teen had the hardest urge to get up and cry out, with all the anguish and sadness he had to face because of his two, most... Well, should have been the most important and helpful people in his life... However, that was not the case, was it? Taking in a deep breath and glancing at the ... Intern -- Mr. Bonnefoy, who had offered him the plastic cup, Jun-Yi reached for it, and began to work to try to get up, at least a little, so he could take a little sip from it. Even though it was hard, and it sent jolts of pain throughout his body, the Chinese-English teen managed to do so while slumping down once more, the cup slipping through his clammy fingers and dropping to the floor, in a sound of bouncing plastic. Looking down at the spilled water and the plastic cup, he looked back to the two, hoping with every fibre of his body that they wouldn't punish him for the deed. He didn't want to make trouble, but there he was, doing exactly that. Gulping the water he was holding in his mouth, he automatically fumbled around for the big tweezers, with difficulty; then spotting it, he peeked up to both; looking back down hurriedly, he removed the cup from the floor onto the nightstand with little pants, put away the tweezer, then resumed his usual stance on the bed, his facial expression overcome with pain from the small movement.

"S-Sorry." He murmured as he ducked his head, not wanting to be in this room anymore. THe situation had been going well, and now he ruined it like such? Letting out a small sigh, he dug himself deeper into the covers, wishing that he could just disappear into thin air, right there and then. Shoving in his hands into his sleeves underneath the blankets and taking another intake of breath, he finally turned his brown eyes onto the Doctor and his Intern, fingers crossed that they wouldn't scold or hurt him for what he just did. In his mind, he was just thankful that the cup was plastic, not glass. If it had been... Jun-Yi shuddered at the thought, then swallowed the lump in his throat before opening his mouth to finally, finally respond to the question. What was he talking about -- oh yes, his Parents. Looking down onto his hands clasped in his sleeves, he cleared his throat a couple of times before answering, quietly and almost, a bit sorrowfully.

"I-I uhm... I like your accent." Jun-Yi stuttered out, then almost hit himself in his mind as he realized how stupid he had sounded -- he was supposed to answer the question, not add comments! A-Although it was true... A blank smile appeared on his face as he turned a little pink, then shook his head. "N-No, we can talk about my Parents. Th-They're gone and buried, so..." Wasn't that enough information? He really disliked questionings -- they were one of his most hated things on the list -- however, he had to continue. If he gave full information, then the others might have an easier time with him and his problems. Jun-Yi's chocolate eyes flittered to both, holding trust and security in the hues. He trusted them, to bits. And he knew, oh he knew, that they would come for him if he needed help, not abandon him like his Parents or his Aunt and Uncle. Nestling into the covers more, he began to talk.

"I-I was born in Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong. T-There, my Papa and Mama married and got together, fell in love, t-that kind of things..." Underneath the covers, his index fingers prodded each other, obviously unnerved from talking about his past. "H-Had me... Then, they broke up. Just like --" Slipping his hands out of his sleeves, he showed the pale hands and made a heart sign, then broke the two pieces and dropped them onto the blankets, continuing his story. "-- That. I-I think they're dead... So, the n-nice Police sent me h-here, ai." He peered up, pausing, to make sure they were with him. Had he gone talking too much, again? "... I miss Mama and Papa." He blurted out from his heart, wanting that off his mind. Then he thought of one more thing that might have added to his awkwardness. "M-My Mama was Chinese, and my Papa was British. I-I just thought it mi--..." He took a breath in, then hugged Wish to his chest, burying his face into the soft fur. "N-Nevermind."

[ ooc -- Honestly, I didn't try to make it this long. Promise. ;; ]
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:55 pm

Arthur had watched the entire ordeal with a rather critical eye. The bouncing cup. Poor motor skills, even more some just out of medical-coma. Nerve endings fried or problem in the brain. Doubt it's tried nerve ending, the pain receptors seem to be functioning at full capacity judging from the look on the poor boy's face. The fingers hiding within the sleeves. Nervous twitch or hiding or previous wounds, and the file had specified that the legs were of a self inflicted sort. I'll have to check his wrists as well

He folded his arms across his chest, still watching, green eyes never leaving his. "Thank you, I'm from Coventry, schooled at Oxford. I'm glad you like it, it's rather flattering to have it complimented on instead of laughed at or mocked like it usually is." he smiled politely at the boy, "yours is rather nice itself. You'll have to tell me more about your time in England."

Cautiously, he reached out a hand, touching the boy's softly. "Thank you Jun, that's all I needed to know." he glanced back at the Frenchman, "This you can get another glass of water, I have to talk to some of the nurses. They might have some files on Jun's parents," Squeezing the boy's hand through the sheets, he got to his feet, starting for the phone.
Back to top Go down
Former France

Former France

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Heart aching for the boy again, Francis had tried to pick up the cup for him, only to be a little too late and have the boy grab it. He winced as he saw the look of pain, and the slight look of fear that seemed to be apparent. This boy seemed to have much more to him than they knew on the surface, he almost reminded the Frenchman of a kicked puppy that would cower- and no child should ever go through that.

"Shh, shhh- Jun-Yi," Francis said softly, smiling weakly down at the boy. "It is find, don't be sorry- I'll get another glass and hold it for you, alright?"

He got up again and disappeared from the room for another moment, returning with another cup of water and heading over to Jun's bedside, sitting on the very age and holding the cup carefully. "Just take it slow, oui? It'll all be alright. Doctor Kirkland is a very good doctor and will 'ave you better in no time."
Back to top Go down
Former Hong Kong

Former Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:00 am

"T-Thank you." Jun-Yi's small mouth opened to reply, the corners of his lips rising a little to show how much he appreciated the little touch of comfort, the little squeeze of the hand. Holding the foreign hand with his own warm ones and lightly squeezing back, he nodded inaudibly as he saw the Briton leave, his fingers twitching from underneath the covers. Hearing the other Intern whisper soothing things were taking effect, and he was much, much more calmer from the beginning. Meeting any Doctor or Nurses were scary and a big ordeal to him, and he was grateful for such kind ones. Raising his chocolate-hues to the blonde-haired man, he let a small thanks float to his lips and tilted the cup with his teeth carefully, relishing the cool liquid flowing down throat. It had itched, and now it felt better, and largely so.

"M-Merci." He murmured, rubbing his tired eyes. Did they have given him medicine? He felt warm and sleepy, and his eyelids were drooping. Listening to the other's sympathizing words took their effect. Jun-Yi replied with extending his stuffed Panda to the Frenchman with a thin arm, pressing the plastic, black nose against the blonde's cheek. "Wish says 'merci', too..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]   Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis] Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't Want to Die! [Arthur&Jun-Yi&Francis]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hospitalia :: Other :: Old Threads-
Jump to: