Hospitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDirectoryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Here Be Aliens [Gilbert]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Estonia

Former Estonia

Here Be Aliens [Gilbert] Empty
PostSubject: Here Be Aliens [Gilbert]   Here Be Aliens [Gilbert] EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 5:36 pm

Since coming to the hospital, he hadn't been able to have a good night of rest. The possibility always went in his mind that it was possibly since night was the time he was most accustomed to drinking, and so the stronger cravings took a hold of him. In another way that simply made no sense, since he always had the same cravings for something to drink all the time. Whatever it was, the Estonian simply tried to lull his mind to at least relax.

Thankfully it usually meant being able to sneak away a bit--his ankle was already doing a lot better from the mild sprain--his laptop tucked under his arm, to the boring old patient lounge. Usually emptied out at night, save the nurse required to be there, he could tuck himself into a small space on the couch with his laptop on his lap and either type away, or...

Watch movies.

Eduard stared intently at the screen, some alien thriller movie playing with more than a liberal helping of ketchup he presumed used in the production. Scratching idly at one of the bandages on his face, he kept the audio relatively low and flinched every time one of those grey-looking beings would come on the screen. At least with how quiet it was, he figured the odds of being disturbed were low.. No matter how much it was starting to freak him out.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Beilschmidt
☆ Global Moderator
Gilbert Beilschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Aliens [Gilbert]   Here Be Aliens [Gilbert] EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:57 pm

Gilbert was tired, but night time was the best time to make his move. The hospital staff was easier to evade at night, which meant that he wouldn't have as much trouble setting up something really awesome. Who said he was too old to play pranks? He was still a kid at heart and that's what counted.

He slipped into the patient's lounge, hoping it was empty. Looking inside showed him that there was a boy in there, watching something on his laptop. Hopefully, he would be too engrossed in whatever he was doing to notice Gilbert. He scooted a chair up to the wall and stood on it, pushing out a ceiling tile and was about to slide something through the hole when a particularly loud scream emitted the laptop speakers. The noise caused him to jump, which upset his balance on the chair and he fell backwards, landing sprawled on the other end of the couch.
Back to top Go down
http://crazyflyingtoast.deviantart.com
Former Estonia

Former Estonia

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Aliens [Gilbert]   Here Be Aliens [Gilbert] EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:11 pm

As if the sudden abduction and subsequent scream wasn't bad enough, suddenly the teenager found himself host to a body suddenly beside him. Shutting the laptop lid quickly--a bit too roughly--to clutch to his chest as he suddenly looked beside him, he was briefly terrified. Even glancing up at the ceiling and seeing the pushed aside tile only increased it, his eyes widening as he trembled slightly.

"U-uh..."

At least he'd resisted the urge to push the computer away and jump off the couch, but now he stared at the oddly pale and light-haired man that seemed to come out of the Goddamned ceiling. Reaching a shaking hand over, he quickly prodded at his shoulder before retracting his hand.

"...A-are.. ...where did you come from?"

He wouldn't be too shocked even if the next words from the other's mouth were 'take me to your leader', but that was probably the paranoia from the movies thinking for him.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Beilschmidt
☆ Global Moderator
Gilbert Beilschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Aliens [Gilbert]   Here Be Aliens [Gilbert] EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:02 pm

Gilbert sat there, blinking in surprise until he felt something poke him in the shoulder. Looking over, he saw the boy with the laptop staring at him, said laptop clutched tightly to his chest and fear painted all over his face. 'He's shaking...' Gilbert observed, also noting that the boy looked about ten shades paler than he did when he first entered. He gave a chuckle and repositioned himself on the couch so that he was sitting up straight.

"I came through the door, how else would I have gotten in here?" He leaned back on the couch and the laptop an interested glance. "So what were you watching? It sounded awesome."

Back to top Go down
Former Estonia

Former Estonia

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Aliens [Gilbert]   Here Be Aliens [Gilbert] EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:37 pm

Taking a deep breath, he visibly relaxed when the other man began to speak. At least he sounded normal and didn't begin speaking in some weird alien language, but there was still something almost ethereal about him with the pale skin and now that he could see properly, the bright eyes. Exhaling and resting against the couch, a shaky smile appeared on his lips.

"O-okay, because it seemed like you... ...n-nevermind." Now he just had to stop the shaking, slowly pulling the laptop away from his chest and settling it back down on his lap. "A movie... Aliens. That kind of stuff... ...My name's Eduard." He mumbled, introducing himself with the same vague smile.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Beilschmidt
☆ Global Moderator
Gilbert Beilschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Aliens [Gilbert]   Here Be Aliens [Gilbert] EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:24 pm

Since the boy seemed to relax the more Gilbert talked, he continued to speak with him. "My name is Gilbert. Nice to meet you Eduard." He gave a smirk and leaned back against the couch.

"So you like aliens? That's pretty awesome. You know, you looked more the type to watch boring documentaries all the time, just sayin'," he didn't mean it rudely, but the kid really did look like someone who wouldn't watch anything that didn't provide knowledge. "So, do you only like aliens or do you watch all sorts of paranormal stuff?"
Back to top Go down
Former Estonia

Former Estonia

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Aliens [Gilbert]   Here Be Aliens [Gilbert] EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:22 pm

"Gilbert... okay... It's nice to meet you too."

Again, a very good sign that it wasn't some warbled name that couldn't be pronounced in English at all. He could give up now the wild fantasy that Gilbert was some alien visitor, it seemed. Finally relaxing all the way and calming the shaking to a minimum, he nodded at the question of liking aliens. "...Documentaries? N-nah, unless..." He was about to say 'unless it was about computers', before realizing here was his chance to talk to someone who didn't know that he was usually branded a complete geek. "...no. Unless it's for school."

Opening the computer again, where it had thankfully paused upon the screen--long gangly gray fingers digging inside someone--where he'd shut it at, and he hit the play button while shifting the volume down a bit.

"Well... I do, sometimes. But I think aliens often have the most merit into being believable... ...Not that I believe in aliens. They're just more likely to exist than ghosts, you know? So.. so I'm taking it you like this kind of stuff too?"
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Beilschmidt
☆ Global Moderator
Gilbert Beilschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Aliens [Gilbert]   Here Be Aliens [Gilbert] EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:28 pm

"Aliens rock man. Sometimes they look so gruesome, it's great! I'm a big fan of horror in general, but aliens usually provide the most entertainment in movies."

To be honest, he liked the fact that the aliens usually meant that the deaths in the movie were much more unique and gruesome as opposed to the same old things provided in slasher films. Gilbert looked down at the screen as Eduard resumed the movie, grinning and scooting a little bit closer. "No way, this is one of my favourites!"
Back to top Go down
Former Estonia

Former Estonia

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Aliens [Gilbert]   Here Be Aliens [Gilbert] EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:10 am

"So I'm guessing you like horror movies for the gore, hm?" It wasn't the same reason Eduard liked them, but he brushed that off easily. The Estonian had seen plenty of blood in his lifetime already, he usually enjoyed them for the more schadenfreude reason of seeing people panic and the psychological consequences the films had.

"I-is it?" He felt the oddest heat rise to his cheeks as Gilbert got closer. Tilting the laptop around in his lap and adjusting the screen just so he was sure enough the other could have a good view, he chewed on his bottom lip for a moment before speaking up again. "Mine too..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Aliens [Gilbert]   Here Be Aliens [Gilbert] Empty

Back to top Go down

Here Be Aliens [Gilbert]
Page 1 of 1