Hospitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDirectoryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A is for awkward — I mean, Aldrich... [Romulus and Aldrich]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aldrich Beilschmidt

Aldrich Beilschmidt

A is for awkward — I mean, Aldrich... [Romulus and Aldrich] Empty
PostSubject: A is for awkward — I mean, Aldrich... [Romulus and Aldrich]   A is for awkward — I mean, Aldrich... [Romulus and Aldrich] EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:50 pm

There were many good things about Aldrich Beilschmidt's new job. The paycheck for one, of course, then there was the more challenging work, the fact he had been reunited with the nephews that had been kept away from him since he was born, everyone was nice, California was sunny. Some might say he had the best job in the world. 

…However.

One minor detail stood in the way of it being the perfect job. Okay, not exactly minor... Basically, his boss. The CEO was Romulus Vargas, a man he had once... dated didn't sound quite correct... Had an affair with. Aldrich would admit it, he had gotten a little more emotionally attatched to he older man than he had planned, and had been somewhat devistated when he left the state with just a text to mention he was getting on a plane soon. But, it had been a while now, and he had gotten over it

...Which was why he had spent the good part of his two weeks here so far, avoiding him like the plague. For the sake of being professional, of course. It wasn't as if they ever needed to meet.

He washed his hands for the third time and knocked the tap down with his elbow, before pulling on his gloves, feeling the familiar snap of the latex forming a tight seal. All thought of Romulus were banished from his head as he walked in to the theatre, seeing the body and getting an update on his condition. It was minor surgery on the femoral artery, not difficult, per se, not easy, but not really difficult, but if he was distracted in any way, he risked killing the patient. It was a heart operation after all.

Taking a deep breath, he picked up the scalpel and leaned in, “I'm ready to make the first incision,” and slowly, he cut across the chest.
Back to top Go down
Former Rome

Former Rome

PostSubject: Re: A is for awkward — I mean, Aldrich... [Romulus and Aldrich]   A is for awkward — I mean, Aldrich... [Romulus and Aldrich] EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:13 pm

"Oh so professional," a deep, husky voice grinned from a darker corner of the operating room. Romulus stepped out from the shadows, fully dressed in scrubs and looking like, well, a regular doctor if one didn't know any better. He made his way over to Aldrich's side, ignoring the few questioning looks from the other nurses. His eyes could be seen rather pointedly roaming downwards, inspecting almost every inch of the surgeon with his greedy amber eyes.

"You've been avoiding me Aldrich!" he boomed, in a voice that only Romulus Vargas himself could have. "I had to hunt you down, do you realise how bothersome it is to procure a set of scrubs for surgery?"

Not that is was hard, mind you. He had a certain routine, having been at the hospital for so long, and he actually had his own set of scrubs and even a doctor's white coat complete with his name.

It didn't take a genius though, to figure out he wasn't a doctor.

"So, what are you up to~?" he questioned, clicking his tongue without a care in the world.
Back to top Go down
Aldrich Beilschmidt

Aldrich Beilschmidt

PostSubject: Re: A is for awkward — I mean, Aldrich... [Romulus and Aldrich]   A is for awkward — I mean, Aldrich... [Romulus and Aldrich] EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Aldrich jumped at the sudden voice. Luckily, he didn't had a very stready hand, or he would have hit the subclavian artery. What was that man doing, coming in here and startling him? Making him all weak at the knees and ruining his surgery! Did he want a malpractice suit? He tried to ignore him, continuing on the clean cut, "I'm working, Mr Vargas." He said in his most proffesional, calm, level voice, continuing with the proceedure, attemoting to ignore him. He suddenly realised hos strong his accent was next to Romulus's, which was hardly distinguishable from an American one now. He had never managed to procure an accent, which sometimes made it difficult for people to understand what he said, and they tended to mistrust him.

Then Romulus practically shouted at him, and he winced, "Well of course I am," He hissed angrily, trying to keep calm, "Why do you think that is?" Checks the heart monitor, back down. Orders the assiting to hand him something. "Just take a guess, Rom - Mr Vargas." He had nearly slipped in to that name he used to call him, from years back. It was, admittedly, very easy. Not much had changed about the other man, though he hadn't looked at him properly yet, too focussed on the surgery. But the voice was exactly the same... his heart was thumping too loudly.

He raised an eyebrow, "Oh yes? It was that hard for the CEO of this hospital to get scrubs." He said doubtfully. "Have you washed your hands?" He asked? He was at least wearing the cap and mask. He needed an excuse to get him out of there. Without a proper excuse, he was too stubborn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A is for awkward — I mean, Aldrich... [Romulus and Aldrich]   A is for awkward — I mean, Aldrich... [Romulus and Aldrich] Empty

Back to top Go down

A is for awkward — I mean, Aldrich... [Romulus and Aldrich]
Page 1 of 1