Hospitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDirectoryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Interns Are For [Matthew]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Netherlands

Former Netherlands

What Interns Are For [Matthew] Empty
PostSubject: What Interns Are For [Matthew]   What Interns Are For [Matthew] EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:58 am

Normally, Willem Jansen was not one to linger on things.

Especially not when they were such mundane things such as another doctor questioning his teachings. Under any other circumstance, of course he'd welcome other opinions and even take them into consideration... Just not when they happened to come from snarky little pompous English pricks. The doctor hadn't been able to get it out of his head for the past few days, no matter what he did or what news he received.

Sitting down on a hard chair in front of the dingy table in the staff room, he gave a loud sigh. As he picked up his styrofoam cup, swirling a bit of the dark coffee inside around, his mind was only filled with darker thoughts. It shouldn't be that bad... After all, he'd just completed his certification as a pediatrician. That, plus his own intern was... Well, far, far better than Arthur's. Cuter and smarter too, even. He could at least take joy in that much going on in his life.

Yet as he turned another page in the medical related magazine in front of him, the Dutchman's mood didn't lighten very much. Taking the last drink of his coffee, he looked over towards the door as he contemplated getting more. Or maybe he could just page Matthew... That's what interns were for, right?

Quickly discarding the idea as a bit too rude, he set his cup down, deciding to go without for now. It was getting close for the other to be getting off work anyhow, maybe he'd stop by the staff room.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hospitalwall.deviantart.com
Former Canada

Former Canada

PostSubject: Re: What Interns Are For [Matthew]   What Interns Are For [Matthew] EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:18 am

Matthew let out a tired sigh. He was glad he was done for today. Dealing with patients really was a lot of work. It was worth it though. The experience here in the hospital for the past year had taught him a lot already. More than books could teach him at least. Books could only describe how the body worked and what influenced it in what way. But that was nothing like seeing and dealing with illnesses in reality.

The last patient he had went to see today was one with cancer. Matthew always worked just that little bit harder when it came to people with that disease. During work his thoughts had drifted off to his father who was also struggling with the same disease. He hadn’t heard from his parents in a while, so he assumed everything was still okay. Or as okay as it could be.

On his way to the staff room, Matthew stopped by the coffee machine. Sipping the warm liquid, Matthew entered the staff area. It gave him back some of his much needed energy. When he walked inside, he saw Doctor Jansen sitting at the table. Matthew smiled and gave him a polite nod as he also sat down. Over the past year he had been working under him, Matthew had come to respect the man a lot. He looked up to him.
Back to top Go down
Former Netherlands

Former Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What Interns Are For [Matthew]   What Interns Are For [Matthew] EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:11 am

At last, there was finally some motion around. Immediatly looking up as he heard the footprints, a small smile rested on his lips as he noticed his blonde intern coming into the room to join him. Even the smell of the coffee he carried with him was intoxicating, and his eyes flickered down to glance at the cup when Matthew sat. Looking back up to the Canadian, he nodded slightly as well.

"Hoi. All finished up for the day, Matthew?"

He shut the magazine, ready to give the other his undivided attention. It'd help him clear his mind if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Former Canada

Former Canada

PostSubject: Re: What Interns Are For [Matthew]   What Interns Are For [Matthew] EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Matthew smiled at the doctor. “Yep. Luckily I’m all done for today.” He answered. As he sipped his coffee, he leaned a bit back in his chair, making himself more comfortable. It wouldn’t hurt to stay here for a while. He didn’t have anywhere to go except home. And at home he would just be alone. At least here he had some company for now.

He really hadn’t talked to the Dr. Jansen on a personal level much in the past year. It was mainly things related to the hospital and the tings he needed to do. Of course, many people didn’t actually remember Matthew long enough to talk to him on a personal level.

“When do you get off work?” Matthew asked. The doctor looked a bit tired. Maybe he had a tough day so far.
Back to top Go down
Former Netherlands

Former Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What Interns Are For [Matthew]   What Interns Are For [Matthew] EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 3:06 pm

"Just on time too, hm?" He glanced down at his watch, a bit proud that his intern always seemed so... orderly. At least he didn't dawdle and didn't have to be cemented to the doctor's side twenty four hours a day like he'd experienced in some interns in the past. No, Matthew was definitely the best he'd had.

Noticing with the coffee as well, it seemed as if either Matthew had things planned when he left, or just needed something to keep him awake until he got home. But he didn't seem all that tired...

After shaking his head, realizing he'd been staring just a bit much at the light-haired Canadian, Willem leaned back in his seat as well.

"Well... I'm actually finished up for the day as well. Just wasting time. So, learn anything new today?" Figuring he'd humor himself by asking--since it was a part of his job having the intern--he looked over at the Canadian again, a vaguely interested look on his face.

(OOC: I apologize so much for the lateness of this tag but I've had such a rough past five days and ahhh ; ; but everything is better now so I shall be around all the time! D|)
Back to top Go down
Former Canada

Former Canada

PostSubject: Re: What Interns Are For [Matthew]   What Interns Are For [Matthew] EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:58 am

Matthew had noticed the doctor’s gaze lingering on him for a pretty long time. He wasn’t used to someone taking the time to actually stare at him, so he felt a slight insecure blush coming onto his cheeks. Though he willed that away as the other averted his eyes again.

“Ah, I see.” The Canadian said when the other told him he was done as well. He saw the empty coffee cup on the table. It seemed like he had been sitting here for a while already before Matthew had come in. Maybe he would be leaving soon? Though he had started up a conversation, so Matthew hoped that meant he would stay for a little longer.

Matthew shook his head. He hadn’t been given anything new to do today. Just the things he knew already. “Not really. Though I noticed I’ve been getting a lot better in doing injections.” It seemed stupid, since he was pursuing a career in this field, but Matthew wasn’t entirely comfortable around needles. And even though he had been getting over that, doing injections had never gone as smoothly for the Canadian as it went with others. He would fail in finding the blood vessel and have to do it again. And if the patient was afraid of needles himself, that would only make Matthew more nervous. But recently he hadn’t found himself making mistakes with this again.

(( OoC: I apologize for my lateness as well. School has drained me from inspiration. ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Interns Are For [Matthew]   What Interns Are For [Matthew] Empty

Back to top Go down

What Interns Are For [Matthew]
Page 1 of 1