Hospitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDirectoryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just out for a quick one.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Rome 2

Former Rome 2

Location : Often in the security room, watching the cameras, looking for a place to pounce.

Just out for a quick one. Empty
PostSubject: Just out for a quick one.   Just out for a quick one. EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:35 pm

The moment the doors opened and the fresh breeze blew in he took the deepest breath his lungs could manage. The smell was marvelous, especially after being cooped up inside for the majority of the day. The sun was high in the sky and the air around was warm. The neatly-decorated landscape of flowers, trees and bushes all smelled so wonderful. Outside in general was an amazing place to be at any time. He could just picture back when he was a kid when he used to sleep on the roof of his house beneath the stars. If you couldn't find him anywhere else, then you could find him there. It was so high up and he could see the people, the animals, and the land from up there. It was perhaps his favorite place to be.

However, as of late he had been craving human contact. It was unfortunate, sometimes, being the CEO of Axis Hospital. He was either doing paperwork or in meetings with a bunch of boring people who had no sense of humor. He needed smiles. He needed laughter! Their stern faces were so draining it was incredible. He felt tired, already, and it was only roughly one in the afternoon. How could this be? Well, it certainly wasn't because he was getting old, that was for sure. He was as young as he wanted to be, and as healthy as an ox! He had even decided to try out a vegetarian diet. So far so good. It wasn't too difficult, not that he would keep it up for much longer. He would likely stick to it for another month before missing meat too much.

He yawned, walking out into the sunlight and stretching. "Gahhh... Way too cramped in that huge hospital." He rolled his neck, feeling a little more relaxed as it popped in all the right places. He really needed to get a massage sometime. That sounded really good.

He pulled something out of his pocket, tapping it against his hand. He didn't normally do this. It was very rare he did, especially at the hospital, but lately the stress had been piling on like no other. His grandson Feliciano had been administered into this hospital, and yet so far they couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. If they didn't soon...

He shook his head, slipping the cigarette between his lips and pulling out a lighter to light it. It seemed strange that he would come out for fresh air only to spoil it by breathing in all these obvious toxins, but he couldn't help himself. He took a nice amount in before breathing the smoke out in a sigh.

"God, are you just playing tricks with me?" He chuckled at the thought, looking down as he wandered toward a tree in the middle of the courtyard to lean against it. "So cruel... If anything, shouldn't that be me?"
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Just out for a quick one.   Just out for a quick one. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:14 am

Lovino yawned as he headed to the courtyard, hoping to get some peace and quiet. It hadn’t been the busiest of days, but Lovino was still pretty tired. He hadn’t managed to get a lot of sleep the night before. Despite his best efforts, all he managed to do was toss and turn until he eventually gave up. He had gone to see Feliciano two times today, one with his knowledge and one without, and Antonio was in the middle of seeing a patient, so… There was only one place he felt he could go to relax. His sanctuary, his retreat, the courtyard.

He stepped through the doors a few minutes after his grandfather, his eyes turned to the ground as he moved forward. The Italian never expected anyone to be outside. The smell of smoke was the first hint that he wasn’t alone, followed by the sound of a man talkin- Oh hell no. This wasn’t possible, right? His eyes snapped open and he was wide awake in a moment.

“What the hell are you doing out here?” the Italian growled, turning his gaze to his grandfather. The old man was leaning against a tree in the middle of the courtyard. The same tree Lovino leaned against when he had his turtles in his lap and began talking to them. And shit. The elderly businessman was even holding a cigarette the same way Lovino did. Granted, Lovino didn’t smoke often, but he was about ready to pick the habit up if things got any worse in his life. …Or maybe he wouldn’t. Antonio might not be too happy with him if he managed to start up an addicting habit like that.

Lovino moved closer to his grandfather and glared, reaching up to take the cigarette from his lips.
“This is a hospital, damn it,” he hissed. “You don’t smoke near patients.” There weren’t any patients around, but if one of them were to come out… there could be all sorts of problems. The Italian stared at the burning embers for a moment before dropping it on the ground, crushing the cancer stick under his shoe. He picked the butt up.

“And don’t smoke near my turtles, old man. Damiano was sick a few weeks ago. I don’t want to have to take him back because of you.” Maybe his reaction was a bit harsh, but the ancient CEO wasn’t someone he liked right now; he’d lost that title years ago after Lovino was… Well, he didn’t even want to think of that. Seeing the prehistoric bastard smoking near the creatures that meant the world to him… It was enough to frustrate him more than it really should have.
Back to top Go down
Aldrich Beilschmidt

Aldrich Beilschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Just out for a quick one.   Just out for a quick one. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:29 pm

Aldrich didn't often go out in to the courtyard. However, he had actually had to perform a very difficult surgery that had lasted fourteen hours, and was extremely worn out now. He had changed to go to a quick jog around the walk a little way away. He just needed to loose himself a little, and what better way then some light exerscise.

He noticed two staff a little to his right. He looked around at them, noticing that they bore a very great resemblance. The older one was the hospital CEO, he remembered, and he was sure he had seen the younger one, but never actually needed to speak to him yet.

Mr Vargas was smoking. He frowned, that wasn't good. He had seen lungs that had been absolutely destroyed by smoking, why would anyone do it willingly? A - ah, there, the younger man was yelling at him and had stubbed out the cigarette. Good, it was a dirty habit. He hadn't smoked since he was eighteen and even those few had done damage...
Back to top Go down
Former Rome 2

Former Rome 2

Location : Often in the security room, watching the cameras, looking for a place to pounce.

PostSubject: Re: Just out for a quick one.   Just out for a quick one. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:50 pm

He had been so focused on his thoughts and the awful taste in his mouth that he hadn't even noticed the body closing in on him. Before he knew it he seemed to be in trouble for reasons he didn't quite understand, but... But he recognized the voice. It was the voice of Lovino Vargas, one of the grandsons he had taken in. Though most people commented on Feliciano getting his good looks, wasn't it Lovino that looked most like him? Lovi had the dark hair, the darker skin, and they even shared a few similar habits... Call Romulus a creeper, but it wasn't like he had completely ignored his grandsons once taking them in. He watched them closely whenever they were together. It was... only Lovi's personality that differed from him so greatly.

He blinked as the cigarette was snatched right from his mouth, his grandson quickly lecturing him on the obvious things that he already knew before throwing it down and stepping on it. He raised a brow as the boy then picked up the remains, and though it wasn't like Rome was upset for the loss of his smoke he was still only slightly irked that was more concerned for his turtles than his own grandfather's health.

He tilted his head up to blow smoke skyward, which he was tempted to blow into Lovino's face until he realized that this was his own grandson and he already had one in the hospital... he didn't need to be in the hospital himself, too.

He chuckled at the thought, looking back down at the boy. He also didn't need him hating his grandfather more than he already seemed to. "Mi dispiace, Lovi. I didn't mean to." He reached up to rub the back of his neck nervously. "I've just bee so stressed lately. You'll forgive me, though, won't you?" Rome gave his trademark grin before noticing someone else.

It was that man he had seen. He had hired him for his talent, but it only took one glance to be taken by those long, golden locks and those brilliant blue eyes. He had... honestly thought that he was a woman at first, but had recently found that this wasn't the case.

He had honestly never been one to be particularly attracted to any males before, but he had never thought of it as a bad thing even now. And, quite frankly, looking at that man... Aldrich Beilschmidt? Yes, every time Romulus looked at him it just... well, it was difficult to explain. He hadn't ever really felt this way, before. So.....

He waved at the man, gesturing for him to come and join them. "Dr. Beilschmidt! Could you come over here, please?" He called before turning back to Lovi with a smile. "By the way, have you seen Feli recently?"
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Just out for a quick one.   Just out for a quick one. EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:16 am

The Italian glared as his grandfather blew the smoke into the sky, his eyes drifting over to the turtles to make sure they hadn’t been exposed to the harsh chemicals from the cigarette smoke. He sighed. “I’ve been stressed too, but you don’t see me standing in the courtyard, do you?” he growled softly, watching his old man like a hawk. Lovino turned to different outlets to try to get rid of his stress, but at least he wasn’t…hurting the animals while doing things. Didn’t Romulus have any respect? It was hard to believe that Lovino grew up with him.

The thought brought a frown to his lips, turning a bit darker when he saw the other smile. Lovino opened his mouth to respond, getting ready to tell the CEO that he’d forgive him when he noticed the old man had turned his attention onto something else. His frown morphed into a scowl and he stuffed his hands in his pockets, clenching his fists. He could feel the cigarette butt begin to crush under his fingers, but he was too annoyed to care.

The ancient asshole always did something like this to him. For one moment, Lovino would be the center of attention before something better came along…mainly Feliciano, but sometimes other things, like the other person who just walked into the courtyard. After years of putting up with this…wasn’t it better just to try to ignore stupid things like this so the pain would go away? Apparently not… It still hurt as much as it ever did, even though Lovino would never open his mouth and admit it.

And then…his grandfather went and addressed the other man. Lovino’s body went stiff for a moment as he glanced back over his shoulder to look at the newcomer. Dr. Beilschmidt? Was he kidding? The bastard walking towards them…the one who had stolen his grandfather’s attention, had the same name as the doctor caring for Feliciano? This…wasn’t happening, was it?

Then, his grandfather looked back at him and Lovino felt a rush of excitement run through him even if it didn’t show. Romulus was finally going to pay attention to him instead of someone else? The thought was enough to make him feel a bit better at being ignored…but… as soon as the old man opened his mouth, the Italian’s mood went even further south. Why the hell was the old man asking about Feliciano? Feliciano wasn’t here, damn it. He was… But he wasn’t important enough, yet again. It really shouldn’t have surprised him…not should it have hurt so much more than the first time he’d been ignored today.

“What the hell do you think?” he growled, probably sounding angrier than he meant. He was hurt and annoyed, bad combinations for most people. “He’s my fucking brother. I’d be a complete and total ass if I didn’t go to visit him.” Apparently Romulus hadn’t seen his younger brother yet and Lovino wasn’t sure if that was a good or bad thing. “If you want to know how he’s doing, go check up on him yourself. I’m not doing it for you.”
Back to top Go down
Aldrich Beilschmidt

Aldrich Beilschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Just out for a quick one.   Just out for a quick one. EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Aldrich felt his shoulders tense defensively when his name was called, instantly looking away as if he could pretend to have not heard, or staring. He knew, however, that he could not get away with running, so, reluctantly, he waved a little and began to walk over. He could feel the younger one glaring at him, and he didn't want to intrude, paticularily when an argument started, and, unsure what to do, he stopped a little further away than one probably should for a conversation, feeling unwelcome.

Family drama...was not something he did well, so he prefered a slight nod, and mumbled, “I was just about to go jogging...” to attempt to excuse himself, hair falling over his face, it was one of those days he realised how thick his accent really was, having never been able to shake it, despite having lived here for about twenty years... Well, at least he knew that someone knew his name. Surprising, actually, that the ceo knew his name, he had only been working here a week, “Nice to meet you both,”  Okay, yes, he had seen them about,and Mr Vargas had taken his interview personally (which struck him as strange) but still, what else was he supposed to do? God, he was so socially inept... He stared at the cigarette but on the floor.  
Back to top Go down
Former Rome 2

Former Rome 2

PostSubject: Re: Just out for a quick one.   Just out for a quick one. EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:48 am

He blinked at Lovino's response. He always sort of expected his grandson to have a smart mouth with him, but somehow this time caught him off guard. He had only meant to ask how Feliciano was doing since he was hardly able to get out and see him. He knew Lovi cared as much about his brother as Romulus did, so he had been slightly expecting Lovi to maybe give him at least a small explanation of how he was, but he certainly hadn't expected this... Not that he didn't deserve it. He did, indeed, rarely go see the boy himself. All of his breaks were normally to eat or come outside just to get away from the indoors or to smoke. He only saw Feliciano when he needed a break but didn't desire any of those other things.

"R-Right. Mi dispiace, Lovi." He smiled nervously before looking up at the other doctor. Even now he was still a sight to see. Rome could feel the butterflies in his stomach fluttering. "Jogging? That sounds like a much healthier idea than what I do out here." This time he laughed, a little less tense.

Ah, wait... This was bad, wasn't it? It wasn't like he was completely oblivious. He knew he had a tendency to get distracted, and Lovino seemed to always take it in the worst way. Now he had his grandson here with him along with the new doctor who... well, Rome had taken a great liking to. It was probably going to be rare that Rome ever saw the man, so he wanted to take what opportunities that he could to speak with him, but then Lovino would be upset, wouldn't he? He probably should have just held his tongue. It had to be his grandsons' happiness before his, right? He had certainly had his time to enjoy life, and he had messed up big time in the process. Time to give back what he owed.

"Unlike all of you healthy young gentlemen, your very own CEO of the hospital is out here polluting the air." He rubbed the back of his neck somewhat nervously, chuckling. "I guess I should be thankful Lovi was here to knock some sense into me, hm?" He looked over at the boy with a wide grin. "I'm not so sure what I'd do without him."
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Just out for a quick one.   Just out for a quick one. EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:50 am

The Italian frowned and scowled at the apology. “Don’t apologize,” he grumbled, turning his attention back to the newcomer, wondering if should leave or not. Maybe he should leave, make the choice easier for his grandfather. If he didn’t have to worry about Lovino…then maybe he’d be able to do whatever he wanted without worrying. The Italian could see it on the older man’s face. He seemed a bit disappointed for a moment. Lovino knew his grandfather well enough to tell these things even if he didn’t always show it. “There’s nothing to apologize for, idiot. It’s fine.”

He wasn’t worth the effort of the apology, nor did he want to hear his grandfather apologize to him. He took a deep breath and ran his fingers through his hair, trying to calm himself down and keep from snapping again. The Italian was tired of his old man already and…why the hell was he talking about jogging? Oh. Right. There was someone else here. Someone he was trying to ignore; he looked close enough to the doctor who took care of Feliciano to be coincidental and they had the same last name… Damn it. Was there going to be more Germans falling from the sky? They seemed to be appearing out of nowhere…

Lovino rolled his eyes.
“You should be thankful I didn’t do anything other than take your damn cigarette away.” His eyes drifted to the turtles and he frowned, wanting to go over and check for himself to see if the turtles were really all right. “I ought to teach you a damn lesson about smoking near my turtles.” He shifted awkwardly. “And if I wasn’t here, you’d just find someone else,” his eyes flickered over to the German surgeon, “to take my place.”

That’s the way he felt about himself. He was easily replaceable. If he was to just up and disappear one day, life would go on. Nothing would stop. No one would care that he was gone… Feliciano would get closer to Ludwig, his grandfather would dote on Feliciano and find someone else to look after him, Heracles would have one less problem to worry about and Antonio… Antonio would be able to find another person better than him to spend the rest of his life is.

G-goddamn it. He was getting upset again and it wasn’t fair. He grit his teeth, trying to slide his mask into place, glaring at both Romulus and Aldrich as he tried to get his emotions under control and his mind away from his current situation.
Back to top Go down
Aldrich Beilschmidt

Aldrich Beilschmidt

PostSubject: Re: Just out for a quick one.   Just out for a quick one. EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:41 pm

He bit his lip, knowing he was not welcome by the younger, even if Mr Vargas had invited him over. He felt like he was intruding on what was a close... family? conversation. He thought they must be family, they looked very much alike and they talked in a familial fashion, though it didn't seem like a close relationship (not though he was one to judge what was close between family). 

“Ja,“ He nodded, not really wanting to get involved with the conversation, “I was never one for smoking. Particularly because of-” He cut himself off, he didn't want to mention his weakness as a child due to his sickness. Not to mention his parents forbad him from smoking, believing it would make him sicker, and preferred him to do sports instead. His childhood he had been raised running and playing football. One of the better habits he had gleaned from his parents... “Nothing,” He muttered, realising that he had stopped suddenly and not began speaking afterwards. He had only smoked twice in his life, and both times he hadn't seen the appeal. It just made him cough and gave a bad taste in his mouth. Neither was it sexy, as many people thought. He didn't want to kiss someone whose mouth smelled like smoke.

“Well, smoking ages you,” He started to lecture, feeling nervous, idly flipping his hair in his nervousness. “Not to mention smoke damages the lining of ones lungs, including the cilia, and stimulates the mucus glands...” He started to ramble before realising suddenly and stopping dead. “I should get going, I want to have enough time before my break ends.” He glanced over at the gates out awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just out for a quick one.   Just out for a quick one. Empty

Back to top Go down

Just out for a quick one.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hospitalia :: Other :: Old Threads-
Jump to: