Hospitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDirectoryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Grand Campaign for Hygiene [Roderich and Francis]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

The Grand Campaign for Hygiene [Roderich and Francis] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grand Campaign for Hygiene [Roderich and Francis]   The Grand Campaign for Hygiene [Roderich and Francis] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:14 pm

"Well, that fact has already been clarified my dear doctor - for I was around after six," Francis answered with a wry smile, " the matron had already made me take the night shifts three times this week - I'm pretty certain she has something against me," Like for a fact that I have a life outside work and she doesn't, or something.

"I should be the one saying, contrary to what you think, I have actually been working (quite alot)," Francis joked slightly.

As much as he didn't want to admit it, Francis actually enjoyed working - but really, it's probably something he didn't even want to know about himself, and it's preferable that it stays that way. Plus, most of the patients were suppose to be asleep at night anyway, so despite the increase of patients/nurse ratio, it wasn't that difficult to handle. The only downside was that, well, admins only work during the day. (I think you know where this is headed...)

"I've been getting the feeling that my social life is going out of sync..." Francis continued, "So, have you been using your lovely evening times well dear doctor?"
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: The Grand Campaign for Hygiene [Roderich and Francis]   The Grand Campaign for Hygiene [Roderich and Francis] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 3:04 pm

"You are new," Roderich pointed out. "She may think you're still sufficiently afraid of her to be easily manipulated."

Either that, or Francis was just irritating her enough that she was attempting to punish him with late shifts. It was probably a combination of those two factors, he thought. Ah, office politics. Didn't he know them.

He gave a rather skeptical sniff, absently picking some of the bits of chocolate out of the trail mix and popping them into his mouth. He'd have to see some evidence firsthand to believe that.

"I'm part of a local orchestra, so I'm often at practice during the evening." He gave Francis a look, daring him to make some surprised comment about him actually doing something fun with his time. That always seemed to be people's reaction.
Back to top Go down
http://amberspike-sama.livejournal.com
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: The Grand Campaign for Hygiene [Roderich and Francis]   The Grand Campaign for Hygiene [Roderich and Francis] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:49 am

"Hmm, is that so?" Afraid of a woman? Hah.Francis scoffed a little at the idea before suddenly realising that, in fact, he was rather afraid of the matron.

On the other hand, the matron was pretty far from what one would normally expect of a 'woman'. She, if one insist on using a pronoun for the matron, has never shown a hint of emotion in...well, anything, seemingly to be carrying out her everyday work and life in a purely mechanical way. Though she smiles or frowns depending on the situation, there seem to no deeper meaning in those expressions. And when such a person threatens to, or more like states the fact that, 1. there will be no more payday for you, 2. you could be sued according to the contract you signed, if you don't take the shifts, while looking perfectly neutral, somehow it makes you take it seriously. Besides, due to her lack of emotional response, it's near to impossible to find out what she likes (or that if she likes anything) and therefore, impossible to bribe her. Francis was starting to doubt if she was really human, or just a robot with human skin. Which explains why Francis didn't particularly like meeting with the matron (which he had to whenever he missed work).

Although in his last encounter with her, Francis thought he caught a hint of something when he tried to compliment her hair. (Though it looked more like annoyance than anything, and it might have just been his imaginations.) That'll have to be a story for future investigations.

Francis was not at all surprised at the mention of an orchestra (he surprised himself slight at that) - it was probably part of the ...vibe?.. the doctor gave off when Francis first saw him - consistent with the image of some rich young master of some noble household.

"Oh?" Francis replied, I'm almost envious there for a second, considering what I've been doing in my evenings this week. "So what instrument do you play?"
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: The Grand Campaign for Hygiene [Roderich and Francis]   The Grand Campaign for Hygiene [Roderich and Francis] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:29 pm

"People always try to push the most unpleasant work off on those that they think won't resist. You might keep receiving that treatment until the next new nurse shows up. Or at least until you become respected enough that the others might complain on your behalf."

Roderich glanced to the side, making sure that no one was listening. He wasn't sure why he felt inclined to give Francis advice--the man surely didn't deserve it--but he lowered his voice a tad and offered it all the same.

"I would recommend bargaining with some of the other nurses. You've befriended some of them already, haven't you? I doubt you'd be able to influence the matron personally, but they might have a chance at convincing her to change the shift schedule in your favor. Just don't be terribly obvious about it."

Hmm. No shocked look, no snarky comment. Roderich was impressed.

"I play violin and piano," he said. "Depending on what piece. There are only two other members that can play the piano, and I have the most formal training, so I'm usually pressed into taking the piano part on concertos. It is quite a bit of a commitment, but very enjoyable."
Back to top Go down
http://amberspike-sama.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Grand Campaign for Hygiene [Roderich and Francis]   The Grand Campaign for Hygiene [Roderich and Francis] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Grand Campaign for Hygiene [Roderich and Francis]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2